CASPA CYCLE 2023-2024

On 8/29/2023 at 4:55 PM, mbeanz99 said:

Just received a rejection. Submitted 5/31. Verified 7/21. First time applicant with 5 LOR, 1 ochem professor, 1 MD I do research with, 1 MD I work for, 1 PA, 1 old job boss as peer mentor. 

sGPA 3.6

cGPA 3.7

PCE Scribe/MA in cardiology and family medicine 3600 hours
Shadowing Rad Onc/Express Care/Cardiology 44 hours
Research Experience at Stanford 358 hours
Volunteering 319 hours
Nonhealthcare Work Experience  1708 hours
Teaching Experience 200 hours
Leadership Experience 800 hours
Extracurricular activities 90 hours

Pretty shocked because I thought I had strong stats, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Good luck to the rest of yall! 

Wow amazing stats!! When did you get the email about your app / file being complete??

9 minutes ago, Nature said:

Interesting. I got the confirmation email on 7/12. I was definitely hoping to hear back by now but it has been crickets so far. It doesn’t seem like anyone has received an interview invite yet? 

I got it on 7/12 too. And today an email that my file is complete and going to further review by program faculty 

21 minutes ago, PrePALa123456 said:

I never received a confirmation email either but couldn’t find an email to reach out to them. Please let me know if you find one. Thanks 😁

If you go to the web page and scroll all the way down there is an info@ email that I used. But I haven't got a response yet

On 9/7/2023 at 1:13 PM, ZV1989 said:

If you go to the web page and scroll all the way down there is an info@ email that I used. But I haven't got a response yet

So I did get an email just now from my inquiry. They said my application had been received and that once it is reviewed and processed they will email me. So I'm sure it's just a matter of time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Heres my timeline

submitted Caspa: May 15

Touro: confirmation they recieved app June 9

Touro: june 15 “We hope you are having a great day!  After reviewing the application materials you submitted for our joint MSPAS/MPH program, we are happy to let you know that your file is complete and is being made available for further review by the program faculty. 

So, what happens next?  Great question!  The admissions committee reviews, ranks, and approves applicants for interviews throughout the admissions cycle.  Because we anticipate conducting interviews through the end of April or early May, this means that you could be invited to attend an interview at any time between now and then.  Unfortunately, interview slots are limited and not all candidates who are eligible to interview will be interviewed.  Should the committee choose to invite you to attend an interview, you will be notified by email.”

Me: havent heard anything else yet!

Edited by poopypa

On 9/29/2023 at 10:55 AM, PrePALa123456 said:

When did you apply? I still haven’t gotten anything 

I believe it was in late June. I got the confirmation email that it would be 14-21 business days on 7/12. Then I received the email that my file was complete and available for further review on 9/28.

On 10/2/2023 at 5:01 PM, ZV1989 said:

To my knowledge they've already done two rounds of interviews but I'm sure they have more planned.

I apologize, I posted this in the wrong message feed. I don't know if any interviews that have happened here yet but I did get an email saying that my application was accepted and ready for review.

• Haha 1

I’m guessing everyone is on the same boat where we got the email that our application is being sent for additional review? Because this is where I’m at and I got that email back in 8/7. I emailed the info@tu.edu but haven’t heard back yet.

and just to make sure, no one knows if interview invites came out yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yanyan said:

I’m guessing everyone is on the same boat where we got the email that our application is being sent for additional review? Because this is where I’m at and I got that email back in 8/7. I emailed the info@tu.edu but haven’t heard back yet.

and just to make sure, no one knows if interview invites came out yet? 

I'm pretty sure they haven't come out yet. I'm guessing by the end of the month or the first week in November they should be pushing them out. That's just my guess though. 

• Like 1