CASPA CYCLE 2023-2024

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 4:25 PM, pink1999 said:

I got an email today stating my application file is complete & made available for further review. Interview invitations will start now until early May. 

Hi there! 👋🏻 Current TUC student. Just a few FYIs:

- Interviews typically start in September and will go through about end of March. 
- Waitlist is not ranked and candidates can be pulled off the waitlist up until mid-late July (for example, with my cohort, we had one person drop the first week of July and another drop right before orientation)

Good luck! 💛

Edited by TheSomedayPA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/12/2023 at 10:32 AM, Tumny said:

When should we expect any communication from TUC Vallejo once the application has been verified by CASPA?

Speaking from my experience from applying, after I submitted my application, I received an e-mail about 2 weeks later from TUC that my "CASPA application was recently uploaded into our system and is currently being reviewed." They also noted that "applications are generally reviewed within 14 to 21 business days but the process can take longer during peak periods." Hope this helps. Good luck! 💛

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does this program require a secondary application?

I emailed them stating that I have completed and submitted the CASPA application and this is what Niasha Bible from admissions said: 

"Our secondary application is included in the Caspa application., I'm not sure how you did not see it when completing the application. You may want to review your Caspa application to verify you completed it."

I Have not received a confirmation that they have received my application. 

Edited by PA2PA777

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2023 at 3:19 AM, HopefullyPA01 said:

Hey guys for those who have applied did you apply just for the PA program because on caspa I only see the PA/Public health option. 

I believe the Touro CA—Los Angeles campus is the one that is only PA; they are still in the process of getting accreditation (https://tu.edu/programs/physician-assistant-los-angeles/). TUC—Vallejo is a dual degree program and the MPH is mandatory, not optional. To my knowledge, the two campuses/programs are not affiliated with one another, e.g., can't ask a TUC-Vallejo current student or recent alum for interview tips bc they're completely different. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a rejection. Submitted 5/31. Verified 7/21. First time applicant with 5 LOR, 1 ochem professor, 1 MD I do research with, 1 MD I work for, 1 PA, 1 old job boss as peer mentor. 

sGPA 3.6

cGPA 3.7

PCE Scribe/MA in cardiology and family medicine 3600 hours
Shadowing Rad Onc/Express Care/Cardiology 44 hours
Research Experience at Stanford 358 hours
Volunteering 319 hours
Nonhealthcare Work Experience  1708 hours
Teaching Experience 200 hours
Leadership Experience 800 hours
Extracurricular activities 90 hours

Pretty shocked because I thought I had strong stats, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Good luck to the rest of yall! 

Edited by mbeanz99