Brenau University PA Program 2023-2024

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 2:30 PM, futurepajessie said:

I haven't submitted my app yet to this program bc its non-rolling. But I scored in the bottom quartile in Casper, do you think it's worth it to still apply?

They are technically rolling, as they've already started interviews. They aren't rolling in the sense they send out all acceptances at once despite when interviews occur (at least this is what I'm gathering from their website). So, I would go ahead and submit now if you're planning to. Casper is only one component of an entire application. If the rest of your application demonstrates the personal skills casper is testing, I would still apply! Can't hurt to try. 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:49 AM, prepa199 said:

Hi Brenau is my top choice but my GRE score is really low and was wondering if anyone could share their stats if they received an interview to see if it’s worth applying. 

I had a terrible start in college so I used academic forgiveness. Without it I ended up with a 2.50 and worked the last 80 hours getting a 4.0. Got an interview the day I submitted. GRE 312 4.5 AW, sGPA 3.0, cGPA 3.0, pce 8500+ hours, volunteering: 150 hours , shadowing PA 50 hours. 5 excellent LOR from 2 MDs, 1 PA, 1 lab manager, 1 college professor, and 3rd quartile in CASPer.

Edited by jcdavis3
addendum

6 hours ago, jcdavis3 said:

I had a terrible start in college so I used academic forgiveness. Without it I ended up with a 2.50 and worked the last 80 hours getting a 4.0. Got an interview the day I submitted. GRE 312 4.5 AW, sGPA 3.0, cGPA 3.0, pce 8500+ hours, volunteering: 150 hours , shadowing PA 50 hours. 5 excellent LOR from 2 MDs, 1 PA, 1 lab manager, 1 college professor. 

Thanks so much. My stats: 3.54 GPA, 3.4 Science GPA, GRE: 297 (this is why I feel like I should not apply and try to take it again but the deadline is approaching), ~3000 PCE hours, ~200 PA shadowing hours, LOR: 1 PA, 1 MD, 1 academic advisor, 1 healthcare supervisor. What do you think? Should I take the GRE again before submitting it?

14 hours ago, prepa199 said:

Thanks so much. My stats: 3.54 GPA, 3.4 Science GPA, GRE: 297 (this is why I feel like I should not apply and try to take it again but the deadline is approaching), ~3000 PCE hours, ~200 PA shadowing hours, LOR: 1 PA, 1 MD, 1 academic advisor, 1 healthcare supervisor. What do you think? Should I take the GRE again before submitting it?

From my understanding, you need to have at least 150 in Quant and 150 in Verbal and a 3.5 in analytical writing for most schools that require GRE.  I would definitely take it again. With that being said however, scores will take 10-15 business days to get received, and then anywhere from 2-10 business days to get received by CASPA. 

I would have everything else ready to go, retake the GRE and only if you make a better score AND can get it submitted on time (you see your score immediately upon completion), send in your new score. Otherwise send your current score.  Many schools look at your holistic value rather than strictly GRE, CASPer,  etc. 

Edited by jcdavis3
Addendum
  • Like 1

On 7/30/2023 at 8:10 AM, jcdavis3 said:

From my understanding, you need to have at least 150 in Quant and 150 in Verbal and a 3.5 in analytical writing for most schools that require GRE.  I would definitely take it again. With that being said however, scores will take 10-15 business days to get received, and then anywhere from 2-10 business days to get received by CASPA. 

I would have everything else ready to go, retake the GRE and only if you make a better score AND can get it submitted on time (you see your score immediately upon completion), send in your new score. Otherwise send your current score.  Many schools look at your holistic value rather than strictly GRE, CASPer,  etc. 

Thanks so much! I completely agree with that.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, ckn97 said:

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sgpa: 3.01 

cgpa: 3.18 

pce: I think it was around 7000 something when I applied

gre: 296 on my third time not the best test taker 

volunteer hours: about 3500-4000

i have 50 pa shadowing hours or more I believe 

two pa letters of Rec a professor and a boss as well as my research professor 

this is my third time applying though so I have two gap years in there 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, salwarahaman said:

Anyone interview yet? If so, how was it? 

I interview tomorrow morning and still have not heard anything back about the interview's style.

Good luck! I have no idea the style, but I heard sometimes if you call you could ask the admissions counselor/advisor if they could give you any insight on how they are conducted, so maybe you could try that?

Also, when did you submit your application, and how long did it take for you to get an interview?