UTRGV 2023-2024

1 hour ago, ChPA2828 said:

Congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing your GRE and PCE hours? 

Certainly. So, my stats are far from stellar which is why I tried to sell myself as much as I could during interviews. GRE: 301 PCE: a little over 700 hours. I do have extensive research, volunteer, and teaching experiences. I also study abroad and shadowed multiple physicians and PAs. I hope that helps !!! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ysg301219 said:

I got a time of 8-12 am for Oct 6th! Does anyone want to share how they’re preparing for the interview? I’m just reading the interview guide by Savannah Perry

I got the same 8:10-11:30am, I'm creating flashcards for myself to remember what points I want to hit I also had a mock interview last month. I'm wondering we will be given time slots or if it will be a group interview.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, PAPATH2024 said:

For those that have gotten or did interviews did you get the email that your application had been forwarded for interview consideration?

I've seen some people get interviews without getting that email, which is odd. 

I didn’t get an email like that. The first email I received was an interview invite

13 hours ago, 713pa said:

Submitted 6/29

Under review email 7/11

I'm really hoping I get an interview but I am starting to lose some hope. UTRGV is one of my top schools. Fingers crossed, congrats to all of you with an interview or acceptance!

Same! Mine has been “under review” for months now. Submitted 05/26…

18 hours ago, Mundovie3jo said:

Certainly. So, my stats are far from stellar which is why I tried to sell myself as much as I could during interviews. GRE: 301 PCE: a little over 700 hours. I do have extensive research, volunteer, and teaching experiences. I also study abroad and shadowed multiple physicians and PAs. I hope that helps !!! 

Thank you! I only have a 295 in my GRE so I was curious. Congrats again! You're going to be a great PA 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, la2323 said:

I got a 282 haha i don’t think it plays a major role in the decision. 

I hope you're right! Basically every school's open house I attended, I asked them they assured me that the "need a 300 GRE score" thing is myth, but they all still encouraged a high score so I'm still nervous about it 😅

6 minutes ago, turquwayPA said:

Got my acceptance email! Interviewed back on 9/7/23, submitted my application in late June. Is there a GroupMe for accepted students?

Congratulations! Yes there is. If you join the facebook group the link is there. You will also get an email form the program with more information and with both the facebook group and the groupme link 

1 hour ago, la2323 said:

Congratulations! Yes there is. If you join the facebook group the link is there. You will also get an email form the program with more information and with both the facebook group and the groupme link 

Awesome, thank you! Question: after you accepted the seat did they give you any additional time for the deposit due date? Did you get the email w/ the links after putting the deposit down?

14 minutes ago, turquwayPA said:

Awesome, thank you! Question: after you accepted the seat did they give you any additional time for the deposit due date? Did you get the email w/ the links after putting the deposit down?

I think they give you a week for the deposit. It should say the exact date its due on your acceptance email. The email with the links got sent about 3 weeks after my acceptance but i think they send them once they have a good amount of students accepted. 

• Like 1