UTRGV 2023-2024

1 minute ago, Motherofterror said:

I don’t think they’re near the end, during my interview they said they would be filling the class up until April. 

Yeah I just looked up what rolling admissions means and I feel dumb haha. I initially thought that they looked at applications by the date they come in and make a line. But you’re right, I do think they continue to look at applications and interview into April of next year 

Just now, 713pa said:

How do you know that your application has not been reviewed? Is it in some portal? 

You get an email saying that your application has been moved from the initial review of checking that you qualify to the admissions committee review. i’m not sure if there is a portal or not maybe the graduate application but i haven’t checked 

5 hours ago, olaureno said:

Yes there’s actually two different ones. There’s the self service center and there’s myUTRGV. Both of mine say “in the queue to be reviewed” 

Thanks! I just checked and my status is applied- under review by program and I submitted on 6/29. I got the under review email on 7/11. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 8:54 PM, Ysg301219 said:

Yeah I just looked up what rolling admissions means and I feel dumb haha. I initially thought that they looked at applications by the date they come in and make a line. But you’re right, I do think they continue to look at applications and interview into April of next year 

Wait is that not what rolling admission means? I was also under the impression that it means they review them as they come in, so I have been confused as to how people who applied much later than me have received invites or rejections. Not just with UTRGV but other schools that claim to be rolling as well. 

Edited by ChPA2828
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChPA2828 said:

Wait is that not what rolling admission means? I was also under the impression that it means they review them as they come in, so I have been confused as to how people who applied much later than me have received invites or rejections. Not just with UTRGV but other schools that claim to be rolling as well. 

I’m pretty sure rolling admissions means they do decisions in waves. If you submit earlier your chances of hearing an answer back quicker is somewhat true. However, it doesn’t guarantee that you will hear back sooner than others. All it means is that they make decisions on a rolling basis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChPA2828 said:

I’ve also never understood this!  

3 hours ago, ChPA2828 said:

I can't say for all schools, but one school I interviewed at that is rolling admissions basically explained that they accept a certain number of students per each interview date. If you aren't accepted from your interview date, you are still in the running and have chances to be selected as more interview dates progress until a rejection. So applicants from each interview date have an equal chance of gaining admission, and it doesn't matter whether you interviewed in the first group or last group of interviews. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mundovie3jo said:

I literally just interviewed this morning at 10:30 and received an acceptance email at 11:53. I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!. My tip would be to be yourself and relax, I know how stressful this whole process can be! I felt so comfortable during the interview because the interviewers were so chill and friendly. I wish you all good luck 🙂

Ahhh congratulations!!! I interviewed last Friday and I’m still waiting to hear back, but ima go with no news is good news. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mundovie3jo said:

I literally just interviewed this morning at 10:30 and received an acceptance email at 11:53. I'm speechless!!!!!!!!!. My tip would be to be yourself and relax, I know how stressful this whole process can be! I felt so comfortable during the interview because the interviewers were so chill and friendly. I wish you all good luck 🙂

Congrats!!!!! Do you mind sharing your GRE and PCE hours?