3 hours ago, futurePA0711 said:

anyone have suggestions on hotels? i'm from out of state and not familiar with the area 🙂 

They Hyatt off 15-501 in Chapel Hill would probably be a good option!! It's on 15-501 which turns into Columbia St (the road that Bondurant Hall is on for the interviews) as you get onto campus. It's a 6min drive and looks like the prices start at $120ish per night. Address for is 3690 S Columbia St, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. It's right next to a neat little community with some nearby food as well if you were to need anything. 

7 hours ago, CWool said:

They Hyatt off 15-501 in Chapel Hill would probably be a good option!! It's on 15-501 which turns into Columbia St (the road that Bondurant Hall is on for the interviews) as you get onto campus. It's a 6min drive and looks like the prices start at $120ish per night. Address for is 3690 S Columbia St, Chapel Hill, NC 27517. It's right next to a neat little community with some nearby food as well if you were to need anything. 

thank you so much! 

1 hour ago, beeboop said:

hey guys 🙂 i was just wondering if anyone else hasn't heard back yet or if anyone received a rejection letter? I unfortunately still haven't heard back and am getting nervous 😞 I tried calling yesterday but no one was answering

I received a rejection email yesterday. Thankfully I have been accepted elsewhere, but UNC would have been a great option. I didn’t get an interview at all, not sure if you interviewed for the individual one.

congratulations to all of those who got the invite for the next interview round. Rooting for you all!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that! but congrats on still getting in elsewhere that's still awesome! and yes I did have my first interview with them in march and I remember I was told to call if I didn't hear back end of April but no one answered so I emailed them. Hopefully I wasn't annoying anyone by doing so. Also congrats to everyone who got the second interview!!

4 hours ago, PJM2024 said:

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 10th!

Does anyone have any additional information regarding the group interview and the group activity? I'm trying to prepare myself for what's to come. Thanks! 

I'd imagine it's intentionally vague and not a lot of info, so you can go in there and just be yourself. I'm sure there may also be an element of how you think on the fly and adapt as you learn what your task/activity is. All of the things you can't prepare for 🤪

All that aside, I've been prepping by mentally rehearsing how I might would answer some pretty general questions they might ask. "Tell me about yourself", "Why do you want to be a PA", "Why do you want to come to UNC?", "What makes you a good candidate for UNC?". I run through these questions a few times a day. I'd like to think that a hundred "meh" mental rehearsals culminate unto a good real-life take. 

Hope that helps in some way 😅 either way, see you on the 10th!

I requested an update:

"We have offered the initial set of invitations to select candidates that we would like to have on-campus. If you have not received an invitation yet, then you were not selected during this initial review. We have a set number that we would like to have on campus. Final decisions for applicants that were virtually interviewed, but not invited to the in-person interview day have not gone out yet, just in case we have more spots open up from the initial set of applicants declining the in-person interview. In that case we will still be reaching out to additional applicants to invite them on-campus. Please let me know if you have any other questions!"

Good luck to those who got invites!