1 hour ago, PixelyPirate said:

What do they mean by "the Spring 2025 cycle hasn't fully open[ed]"? Do they mean for other programs at Chapel Hill? CASPA has been open for almost 5 months so it's not like they haven't had time to prepare.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon!

I think it’s because the Jan 2024 cycle was interviewed and accepted in May of this year. The program seems to be in the middle of a transition, so there’s probably some hiccups as they finalize things for this cohort.

But yeah, hoping to hear something before October!

Seems like they updated their website:

1. Complete a CASPA application by October 1, 2023. A UNC supplemental application will be sent out. At this time, we are working with the University regarding this. Due to this, we will NOT be holding applicants to the previously published October 15, 2023 deadline for supplemental applications. Once a supplemental application is sent to the applicant by the University, they will have 14 calendar days to complete it and submit the application fee of $95. We will update this website as we have more clarity on when the supplemental will be available.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, FuturePA1021 said:

Has anyone received a supplemental application yet? 

I emailed them last week and this was their response:

Thank you for reaching out. We are still awaiting the university to make the supplemental application live. Feel free to check back in a couple of weeks for any updates. We will also update our website once we know more information. 

Best,

UNC PA Program

20 hours ago, FuturePA2324 said:

I feel like their applicant pool is going to be very slim because by the time they begin interviewing, many programs Winter/Spring programs will have already begun. Every other school I applied to has completely finished sending out interview invites and most are done interviewing and have filled their class.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Many applicants will move on with it being so late. 

• 2 weeks later...

TLDR of the email they sent out today clarifying the situation. The university hasn’t activated the platform the PA program (and I’m assuming other programs) uses for their supplemental applications. Seems like they are waiting as much as we are. They will be sending another email once the platform is running. Supplementals will roll shortly after. No date yet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ZV1989 said:

Yeah I hate that. It doesn't give me confidence that the school is genuine in their reviewing of applications and that they have their crap together. 

9 hours ago, bloodandteeth said:

These questions seem familiar…almost like I answered them on CASPA already…

Every supplemental application is like this, this is not a program-specific problem. Some supplemental applications require an additional essay not included on the CASPA application but for the most part they are all redundant. You have to keep in mind that oftentimes it isn't the PA program that requires the supplemental application, rather the universities offices of graduate admissions. You are not only applying to the PA program, you are applying to the University. Only PA programs use CASPA, all other graduate programs either use their own application service or apply directly through graduate admissions. But the office of graduate admissions needs to have a way to centralize all applications from all programs, hence, the supplemental application.

Does it feel like an easy cash grab? Sure. But the supplemental application is not the program's decision, it's the university's. That's why they had to wait so long to even send the supplemental application, because the university didn't have the portal ready until last week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2023 at 3:33 PM, 68WEMTto65DPAC said:

Has anyone contacted the program about what the interview schedule will look like since their timeline is different now?

Yes. They said interviews will begin late winter/early spring and acceptance will be sent out in June. 

3 hours ago, Cat60 said:

Yes. They said interviews will begin late winter/early spring and acceptance will be sent out in June. 

The program that I was accepted to starts in May & Chapel Hill is my #1 choice. I really hope that, in practice, this expedites.

Edited by PixelyPirate

1 hour ago, caffeinestat said:

Does anyone else have a full body panic reaction every time they get an email from UNC at this point? I’ve checked my supplementary application six times to make sure I’ve paid my fee lol. 

Yes haha. It's happened to me twice, immediately my stomach sinks. I'm not even sure I fully submitted anymore 

On 1/9/2024 at 5:31 PM, PixelyPirate said:

The program that I was accepted to starts in May & Chapel Hill is my #1 choice. I really hope that, in practice, this expedites.

Mine starts in June. All the way across the country. I’d love to stay closer to the south, but Washington State gave me an acceptance. If UNC extends me a seat in time, I’ll pivot, but it looks highly unlikely due to the time frame 😢 

17 hours ago, JosephM said:

Mine starts in June. All the way across the country. I’d love to stay closer to the south, but Washington State gave me an acceptance. If UNC extends me a seat in time, I’ll pivot, but it looks highly unlikely due to the time frame 😢 

Looks like last year they heard about acceptances around June 9-14

• 2 weeks later...