Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2023

On 7/27/2023 at 9:03 AM, CardsPA2B said:

Hey! I know how stress it can be waiting to find out what the decision is. Try to give it some time, acceptances take time and once the waitlist is made, there was movement on it up until about a week before the semester. I encourage anyone and everyone here who was not accepted to reapply next cycle if this is something you're passionate about! I wish you all the best and it was so nice getting to know you all.

If you've filled out the background check with the company I wouldn't stress too much about it, they should take care of everything necessary and just keep an eye out on your email if they had an issue with what you filled out.

Hey Cards,

Thanks for the response. Just curious if anyone can confirm or deny though if the Facebook group members have officially accepted their seats to see how many are remaining. I'd like to just get realistic idea of the situation. Until then I'll be waiting for an email or call. Thanks Cards 

Hello, everyone,

I realize those of you who have not received phone calls for admission are anxious and wanting to know about the weight pool list being generated. The number of people that join the Facebook site will not give you any indication of how many have accepted admission, so I would ask all of you for your patience through this process. Once the PA office has a good understanding of available slots, the next set of phone calls will take place. We do not have any other information to give you at this time. 

IMG_1196.jpeg

Edited by DThibodeau
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DThibodeau said:

Hello, everyone,

I realize those of you who have not received phone calls for admission are anxious and wanting to know about the weight pool list being generated. The number of people that join the Facebook site will not give you any indication of how many have accepted admission, so I would ask all of you for your patience through this process. Once the PA office has a good understanding of available slots, the next set of phone calls will take place. We do not have any other information to give you at this time. 

IMG_1196.jpeg

Hi Daniel,

Thank you very much for your thorough and steadfast response. It is greatly appreciated. Have a great weekend.

Good morning, everyone,

The wait pool list went out as we have confirmed our class that has accepted admission for January 2024. During most years, one or more persons will withdraw their acceptance between now and January. We will not know who or how many, so I would ask all of you to be patient and plan for next year. The admissions team will determine the next person to call if cancellation occurs. We do not publish a call list or explain where a person is on the wait pool hierarchy. 

I know you have worked hard to get to this point and you would love to be part of this class. We only have a number of seats we can fill, and we have confirmations for all seats now. Thank you for understanding.

Best,

image.thumb.png.ddc5694d217734f61a6d9e3c99ee4854.png 

• Thanks 2

On 8/8/2023 at 7:25 AM, DThibodeau said:

Good morning, everyone,

The wait pool list went out as we have confirmed our class that has accepted admission for January 2024. During most years, one or more persons will withdraw their acceptance between now and January. We will not know who or how many, so I would ask all of you to be patient and plan for next year. The admissions team will determine the next person to call if cancellation occurs. We do not publish a call list or explain where a person is on the wait pool hierarchy. 

I know you have worked hard to get to this point and you would love to be part of this class. We only have a number of seats we can fill, and we have confirmations for all seats now. Thank you for understanding.

Best,

image.thumb.png.ddc5694d217734f61a6d9e3c99ee4854.png 

Thank you for letting us know! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! It is still is a bit early for us to receive any changes to the weight pool. I know this can be quite frustrating waiting to hear, but please try to be patient. Cancellations can happen at any moment, and they occur all the way into December.

Daniel Thibodeau DHSc, MHP, PA-C, DFAAPA, AACC

Professor | Admissions

Physician Assistant Program, Doctor of Medical Science Program

Eastern Virginia Medical School | 

651 Colley Ave, Lester Hall Room 328 | Norfolk, VA 23507

• 2 months later...

Hello. We have had very little movement off the wait pool list and have only taken one or two from the list. While it does happen sometimes, someone rarely comes off the list at this point. I encourage you to keep working towards the next cycle and make your application as good as possible. Being interviewed is a big step, so keep working hard. 

Daniel Thibodeau DHSc, MHP, PA-C, DFAAPA, AACC

Professor | Admissions

Physician Assistant Program, Doctor of Medical Science Program

Eastern Virginia Medical School | 

651 Colley Ave, Lester Hall Room 328 | Norfolk, VA 23507

• Like 1