Eastern Virginia Medical School Interviews 2023

Hi. The process of making phone calls is ongoing and should be done by tomorrow afternoon. If you are not selected or called, please be on the lookout for an email from the program regarding the waitlist. If for some reason you are not selected to join this class in January, the program strongly encourages all those that are interested to reapply. Most faculty members who interviewed you will be calling, but some will receive calls from other faculty members.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys,  Congratulations 🥳 to everyone that has heard today about their acceptance. We are so excited to meet you all come January. We wanted to invite those accepted to join a Facebook group for Cohort '26. There you will be able to get to know the rest of your classmates and get ready together for your transition to EVMS come the spring. I am attaching the link. Im not sure how long the link will stay live, but if it no longer works please let me know and I will add a new one for you guys.  

Congrats again!! 🎉

https://www.facebook.com/groups/238781449087521/

Edited by SalmaZS25
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Abwpa said:

Congrats on everyone else that was accepted also. Does anyone else remember what they said to do if we don’t receive the acceptance email today? That call made my head spin and I can’t remember everything that was said lol

Keep an eye out for the email over the next couple days. For me, it took about 5 days before I got the official email offer last year! 🙂 

Hi. The email from EVMS should go out within 24 hours. You need to open the email and follow the process to accept the invitation for a seat in the next class. You will be given 10 days from the moment the email arrives to decide and complete your deposit ($500) to guarantee your seat. It is important that you do not miss the deadline as you will forfeit your offer if the deadline passes. please check your spam mail if you do not see the email. If you do not receive an email after a faculty member calls, please call the office of admissions for assistance.

Thank you

20 minutes ago, applicant99999 said:

Hello! Should all hope be lost if we didn’t get a call yet? Also is who calls based off your personal interview or group interview? 

Hi, they are calling today and tomorrow, and waitlist notifications follow. Applicants will be called either by the faculty they had one on one interview with or another faculty member. Best of luck to everyone!! 

Hello all,

Thank you to all that have been patient throughout this process. I ask that all of you look for your emails regarding your status. All phone calls have been made, and we are communicating about our Wait Pool of applicants through email very soon. 

Please be patient. We have some time before we receive a confirmation on offers made and any next steps.  

Respectfully,

image.thumb.png.fa7075acb4e1c3b17bbc47465b287b16.png

image.thumb.png.e3d90a5786d1575fed3d095d826b8b32.png

Just now, DThibodeau said:

Hello all,

Thank you to all that have been patient throughout this process. I ask that all of you look for your emails regarding your status. All phone calls have been made, and we are communicating about our Wait Pool of applicants through email very soon. 

Please be patient. We have some time before we receive a confirmation on offers made and any next steps.  

Respectfully,

Thanks so much for the official communication on the forum. It really helps to have you on here! Thank you. 

1 hour ago, DThibodeau said:

Hello all,

Respectfully,

Thank you for being so transparent with this whole process!

Congratulations on the acceptances! I also received an acceptance phone call from Dr. Thibodeau 7/20/23 however still no email 24 hours later. My PURL was updated and reflected the acceptance so I paid my deposit but just slightly concerned that I haven’t received the “official email.” Open to any advice!

The Wait Pool emails will go out soon. Students given offers have time to commit before we start the Wait Pool list. I know this is a stressful process, so please be patient. If you are not selected this year, we encourage you to apply for next year.

Daniel Thibodeau DHSc, MHP, PA-C, DFAAPA, AACC
Professor | Director of Admissions
Physician Assistant Program, Doctor of Medical Science Program
Eastern Virginia Medical School | 
651 Colley Ave, Lester Hall Room 328 | Norfolk, VA 23507

On 7/21/2023 at 9:33 AM, DThibodeau said:

Hello all,

Respectfully,

Hi there,

Is it safe to assume that if we did not receive an email or a phone call by now then we didn't get into the program and may be wait listed? Thank you 

Can anybody confirm if the people who have joined the Facebook group for the class of 2026 have officially accepted their spot in the program and have put down their deposit? I just want to know so I have a realistic idea of how many individuals have already filled the class.

Thank you 

Edited by NeuroNate24

15 hours ago, NeuroNate24 said:

Can anybody confirm if the people who have joined the Facebook group for the class of 2026 have officially accepted their spot in the program and have put down their deposit? I just want to know so I have a realistic idea of how many individuals have already filled the class.

Thank you 

Hey! I know how stress it can be waiting to find out what the decision is. Try to give it some time, acceptances take time and once the waitlist is made, there was movement on it up until about a week before the semester. I encourage anyone and everyone here who was not accepted to reapply next cycle if this is something you're passionate about! I wish you all the best and it was so nice getting to know you all.

1 hour ago, Abwpa said:

Does anyone know if the background check has to be completed by the company within ten days? I submitted mine a week ago and it still says pending. 

If you've filled out the background check with the company I wouldn't stress too much about it, they should take care of everything necessary and just keep an eye out on your email if they had an issue with what you filled out.

• Like 1