On 7/18/2023 at 7:03 PM, kyndle said:

Got an email on 7/11 (the day they received my CASPer score) that my application was complete and would be under review. Then received an email today 7/18 at 3:30pm that the admissions team had reviewed my application and it was now under faculty review!

just got this email too, submitted on CASPA 6/21

On 8/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, Chrisss said:

Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats and hours?

overall gpa 3.84

science gpa 3.88

GRE 309, Casper 50-75%

PCE hours ~2300 as an MA/surgical assistant/scribe in 4 specialities

~40ish total hours for shadowing MDs, NPs, and PAs

~180 hours volunteering as a COVID-19 contact tracer; diabetic youth camp medical staff; food pantry

Edited by ZRB383

• 3 weeks later...

Got my first rejection today. 😞

“Unfortunately, courses from Health Sciences do not fulfill the requirements for the MPAS program. Your application will no longer be under consideration for admission.” 

Guess I won’t be reapplying. My genetics, immunology, pathology and biology courses are all prefix HS. I went to UT-MD Anderson in Houston for undergrad. Maybe this will help someone, best of luck to the rest of you. 

3 hours ago, 713pa said:

Got my first rejection today. 😞

“Unfortunately, courses from Health Sciences do not fulfill the requirements for the MPAS program. Your application will no longer be under consideration for admission.” 

Guess I won’t be reapplying. My genetics, immunology, pathology and biology courses are all prefix HS. I went to UT-MD Anderson in Houston for undergrad. Maybe this will help someone, best of luck to the rest of you. 

Im sorry, I've never heard of this. My university didn't offer HS courses, but would these not count as "for science majors"? 

2 hours ago, ChPA2828 said:

Im sorry, I've never heard of this. My university didn't offer HS courses, but would these not count as "for science majors"? 

So in 2021 I sent in my courses in question to their admissions email with transcripts. They said that they would not accept my courses. I applied anyways lol hoping that maybe something had changed but obviously they did not. All of my courses were from UTH and all prefixes during my didactic year were HS. So HS1000 would be Medical Microbio or whatever, instead of BIO1000. So it wasn’t as much of a shocker but I did let me program directors from undergrad know in case anyone else wanted to apply in the future. 

2 hours ago, AllieS said:

What does faculty review mean? Is it just kinda standard or does it mean you've got a better chance? 

Faculty review means that they are now looking more into your application and considering you for an interview.

Admissions review is just checking that you hit all on the requirements that the school wanted an applicant to have (listen on website). You’d be surprised how many applicants don’t meet requirements.