2023-2024 Application Cycle

On 10/19/2023 at 4:15 PM, PrePAOR said:

There was an email about admissions decisions being delayed? I didn't get that. What did the email say exactly?

Here is what the email said:

Thank you again for interviewing with George Fox's Physician Assistant program in October. We had hoped to have our decisions ready by the end of this week. We want to inform you that there will be a delay in getting all of our notifications sent out.

We realize you are anxious to receive this information and you should be hearing from us by October 30th. Thank you for your patience while we finish our admissions process.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, 86zzgg said:

I am among the top 10 waitlist. Does anybody know my chance? 

How did you find out your ranking? I got an email from them recently stating that they do not share rank order info so I haven’t bothered asking lol. Top 10 is great though, and I’m sure the waitlist will start moving quickly as more people are accepted to other programs!

6 minutes ago, chspa1 said:

How did you find out your ranking? I got an email from them recently stating that they do not share rank order info so I haven’t bothered asking lol. Top 10 is great though, and I’m sure the waitlist will start moving quickly as more people are accepted to other programs!

21 minutes ago, 86zzgg said:

I am among the top 10 waitlist. Does anybody know my chance? 

Congrats on the top 10. I am amongst the top 10 too. From previous cycles, it looked like there’s a decent chance of getting called.

In terms of ranking, I initially was told that they tell you what number you are. At least that’s what they did last year I believe. The last time I emailed GFU about it, they said they expect to have about 50-60 applicants on the waitlist

4 hours ago, chspa1 said:

They emailed me to say I'm on the waiting list for the top 10, but I don't know where I rank in the top 10.

12 hours ago, 86zzgg said:

They emailed me to say I'm on the waiting list for the top 10, but I don't know where I rank in the top 10.

Oh interesting, I guess those in the top 10 knows where they stand. For the rest of us, the email states that they do not share rank order information to maintain fairness and confidentiality.

11 minutes ago, PrePAOR said:

Oh interesting, I guess those in the top 10 knows where they stand. For the rest of us, the email states that they do not share rank order information to maintain fairness and confidentiality.

That’s interesting. They shared rankings last year past the top 10

11 minutes ago, Mia95 said:

I just got the call today! I was on the waitlist but now accepted!!! SOO HAPPY! 🙂

WOOT WOOT, Congratulations! That’s good news for everyone actually that they’re pulling from the waitlist already. Did you initially get the email that you were amongst the top 10 in the waitlist, or how were you notified about the waitlist prior to getting the call? 

On 10/31/2023 at 6:03 PM, Yanyan said:

WOOT WOOT, Congratulations! That’s good news for everyone actually that they’re pulling from the waitlist already. Did you initially get the email that you were amongst the top 10 in the waitlist, or how were you notified about the waitlist prior to getting the call? 

Thank you!!! and Yes I got the email about being amongst the top 10. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...