Northern Arizona University 2023-2024 Cycle

Hello y'all, I received my acceptance call and email early afternoon today (11/29) after interview date (11/27) for NAU's class of 2026.

My reason for stating so is so it can provide a timeline of the application process to applicants. It is still possible to achieve acceptance after today, whether it is later this or next week or moving forward at the start of the new year, including if you are placed on the waitlist. As you may already know, the process of becoming a PA is a journey. This was my second cycle of applying, and I am beyond thrilled to accept NAU's offer. I wish you all the best, keep your head up! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, PApowder said:

Hello y'all, I received my acceptance call and email early afternoon today (11/29) after interview date (11/27) for NAU's class of 2026.

My reason for stating so is so it can provide a timeline of the application process to applicants. It is still possible to achieve acceptance after today, whether it is later this or next week or moving forward at the start of the new year, including if you are placed on the waitlist. As you may already know, the process of becoming a PA is a journey. This was my second cycle of applying, and I am beyond thrilled to accept NAU's offer. I wish you all the best, keep your head up! 🙂

congratulations!!

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to all those who have interviewed, and to those who have received an acceptance! Just wondering, what program were they mentioning in their interview that most of their PA students are a part of? I am trying to do more research on it but I have completely forgotten the name of it! 

2 hours ago, Tutu222 said:

Congratulations to all those who have interviewed, and to those who have received an acceptance! Just wondering, what program were they mentioning in their interview that most of their PA students are a part of? I am trying to do more research on it but I have completely forgotten the name of it! 

Are you thinking of AHEC Scholars?

• Upvote 2

On 12/8/2023 at 1:01 PM, Tutu222 said:

It was for sure AHEC!

Hmm, the fact that they are still mentioning having more interviews is interesting because when I interviewed they said they'd be wrapping up in December and we should hear back about our status in January. I am wondering how they'd be able to finish the cycle if they still plan on having interviews. 

Edited by aPA1day

13 minutes ago, PAMorrisC said:

Has anyone else got a notice from NAU - either acceptance or rejection? I interviewed 9/23 and I thought they said that they would send out notifications in December but still haven't heard anything 😕

I think they are finishing up the last round of interviews. They most likely will let everyone know early January. I would not be surprised if they had around 3,000 applicants this cycle. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 7:40 AM, PAMorrisC said:

Has anyone else got a notice from NAU - either acceptance or rejection? I interviewed 9/23 and I thought they said that they would send out notifications in December but still haven't heard anything 😕

When I interviewed on 12/11 they said those that don’t hear back that week (along with all the others who haven’t heard back yet) will be notified in January due to wrapping up interviews and also the holidays. So hopefully you’ll hear back in the next couple of weeks!

• Upvote 1

I wanted to post on here because this is my first cycle ever applying and I am still learning the ins and outs of the application process. I recived a rejection for NAU on 12/12 but this morning recived an email from them stating that my application is under review and I will contacted with a decision once reviewed. I have not applied to any other program at NAU besdies the PA program, and I have already recived a decision from them. I emailed the program coordinator attatched in the email, and I was wonderingif anyone else has ever had this happen? Im assuming its a mistake at this point, but I have not had that happen yet with any other program after reciving a decision. If anyone has any insight on this or thoughts it would appreciated!!

Just now, Pamember2024 said:

I wanted to post on here because this is my first cycle ever applying and I am still learning the ins and outs of the application process. I recived a rejection for NAU on 12/12 but this morning recived an email from them stating that my application is under review and I will contacted with a decision once reviewed. I have not applied to any other program at NAU besdies the PA program, and I have already recived a decision from them. I emailed the program coordinator attatched in the email, and I was wonderingif anyone else has ever had this happen? Im assuming its a mistake at this point, but I have not had that happen yet with any other program after reciving a decision. If anyone has any insight on this or thoughts it would appreciated!!

I got the same email this morning, im not sure... maybe it was sent to all of their applicants?

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2023 at 11:05 AM, Pamember2024 said:

It seemed like a generic email that went to people who apply graduate programs in general, since it was not from the PA program but signed by the graduate school division. I bet they didn’t update that application since it is separate from the PA school communications. I would be surprised if your initial decision didn’t remain the same. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, PCPOMERO said:

Hi everyone. I have heard that some programs have a waitlist. Has anyone heard about a waitlist this cycle for NAU?

I haven’t heard anything from them yet, assuming it has to be soon. It mentions on their website that they do utilize a wait-list (alternative status) and it’s ranked, so fingers crossed we hear something soon. I’m surprised we haven’t by now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aPA1day said:

I haven’t heard anything from them yet, assuming it has to be soon. It mentions on their website that they do utilize a wait-list (alternative status) and it’s ranked, so fingers crossed we hear something soon. I’m surprised we haven’t by now. 

I heard through an alumni that they may have had around 3,000 applicants. Keep in mind, they don't have a dedicated admissions committee. Their admissions committee are faculty that also teach and work in administration. So they have their full time job on top of the admissions aspect. I spoke to someone who graduated a few years ago. She said the program is amazing and worth the wait. As frustrating as it is as an applicant, imagine going through 3,000 applications. We want them to be thorough so the program stays at the high quality it is. I would say for me, I know at the core of my being, I want to be a PA. If that means I have to wait, and keep applying, I will. Just some thoughts I wanted to share. Hope everyone is having a great year so far. 

• Upvote 1