2023 - 2024 UTMB APPLICATION CYCLE

20 hours ago, PAyton2024 said:

Regarding the prereq phone call, has anyone ever found out they don't meet the prereqs? If so, did they say you have to retake a different class or are you no longer eligible to interview?  

Yes! I found out I had to retake my Anatomy course, which was not an issue. I still interviewed with UTMB regardless of my outstanding prereqs. They give you until June 1st to complete all prereqs! 

On 11/6/2023 at 7:26 PM, ckn97 said:

When did you apply? And what were your stats, if you don’t mind me asking?

Applied 5/15 and received information from program 06/07

GPA: 3.77

sGPA: 3.63

PCE hours: ~2200 hours as MA/Scribe/ultrasound assistant

Volunteer: ~800 hours

Leadership: ~500 hours as president of women's healthcare organization, student ministry, and scholarship organization

Shadowing: ~80 hours w/ general family practice PA, orthopedic hand surgeon, and chief of surgery/trauma team including PA/NP/MD

Edited by Josieheflin

On 11/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, cepPA said:

It seems like most people who have been accepted heard back a few days after interviewing—has anyone been accepted a few weeks or longer after interviewing?

Last year i saw people were getting acceptances anywhere from a few days to a few months but it looks like this yr theyre doing it differently bc i havent seen people say they’ve received any updates after interviews (besides those first few people that got acceptances like the following monday) so im wondering as well if people are getting accepted later on and just not saying anything or if maybe UTMB is waiting until all the interviews are over to send out another round of updates. Regardless, ive seen people say they will send out final decisions by mid january😬 idk whats entirely accurate or not but these are just things ive heard 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...