2023 - 2024 UTMB APPLICATION CYCLE

On 8/10/2023 at 2:56 PM, cccccccj said:

congratulations! Do you mind sharing with us the date you submitted your app? As well as your interview date please? Many thanks and good luck 😃 that's very exciting.

Thank you!! I submitted on 05/19 and the interview day is 09/08

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Inapaworld said:

Hey I didn’t get any email but I’m taking some portage courses now. Do you mind sharing what it said

just discovered today that Portage Learning Center isnot considered to be regionally accredited; therefore, courses taken online from this company will not be accepted for prerequisites.  HOWEVER, you are given the opportunity when you register with Portage to pay a fee to have the course from Geneva College which is accredited.  Please be careful and make sure you have the course through Geneva College and not solely from Portage.  

Reminder- all prerequisites should be taken from a regionally accredited institution with a letter grade (not CR, P/F, etc. must be A, B, C) and completed on a transcript by June 1.

^^^ heres the email

14 minutes ago, htxPA said:

just discovered today that Portage Learning Center isnot considered to be regionally accredited; therefore, courses taken online from this company will not be accepted for prerequisites.  HOWEVER, you are given the opportunity when you register with Portage to pay a fee to have the course from Geneva College which is accredited.  Please be careful and make sure you have the course through Geneva College and not solely from Portage.  

Reminder- all prerequisites should be taken from a regionally accredited institution with a letter grade (not CR, P/F, etc. must be A, B, C) and completed on a transcript by June 1.

^^^ heres the email

Thank you! But I’m a bit confused, I thought all their courses were through Geneva college?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lsess24 said:

Any one know if they allow interviews to be rescheduled? I just received an invite for the October 6th interview but I live in Illinois and can’t seem to make to travel plans work with my full time work schedule but I really want to go to the interview. 

PA interviews > whatever job ur working right now.

If you're applying to PA school I'm assuming the job ur working right now isn't ur career. Pushing back an interview means less open cohort seats remain aka acceptance is more competitive. If I were you I would make some boundaries with your job and let them know PA school/your future is your priority. I know out of state travel is hard, but it's worth it for your future !