Wake Forest 2023-2024

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2023 at 3:12 PM, TryingToBePA11 said:

Just got the email saying I am now on the waitlist-- interviewed 10/30. Really hoping this isn't the end 😕  Do we know if all interviewees not initially accepted get placed on this list? Or do some get outright denied after interviewing?

You can email Mrs. Gmuca and she will update you with how many people are on the waitlist and in which "third" (top, middle, or bottom) that you are in. Don't email her too often, but perhaps every 3-4 weeks. I was in this situation and got accepted in April, 6 weeks before classes began. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyJ11 said:

You can email Mrs. Gmuca and she will update you with how many people are on the waitlist and in which "third" (top, middle, or bottom) that you are in. Don't email her too often, but perhaps every 3-4 weeks. I was in this situation and got accepted in April, 6 weeks before classes began. 

That's good to know! If you don't mind me asking, did you know which "third" you were in? Trying to estimate where it's possible to move off the list at...

On 11/16/2023 at 11:11 AM, JohnnyJ11 said:

I just emailed her asking about this and she said that it’s too early to ask about this…would have to wait until intervirws are done in december.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also received the email regarding the waitlist for this year. I emailed Elise to see if she could tell me approximately how many people get accepted after this point and she only told me that the "class is full" and there is usually movement in the spring. I'm trying not to be too discouraged but does that sound like they've had enough people accept their spot that there isn't going to be much movement for us on the AA list?

On 12/18/2023 at 8:02 PM, EMarch29 said:

I also received the email regarding the waitlist for this year. I emailed Elise to see if she could tell me approximately how many people get accepted after this point and she only told me that the "class is full" and there is usually movement in the spring. I'm trying not to be too discouraged but does that sound like they've had enough people accept their spot that there isn't going to be much movement for us on the AA list?

No. There's always movement once it gets closer to the start date.

Edited by ThePAchaser

1 hour ago, ThePAchaser said:

No. Last cycle I was accepted from the list late January. We also had some accepted in March and also in May. There's always movement once it gets closer to the start date.

Thank you for sharing! Do you mind sharing what third of the waitlist you and other people were accepted off of? 

• 3 weeks later...