2023-2024

@dzd935935 Congrats! I am curious as to how you are going to go about whether or not to attend this school. I thought the interview had good information and insight on the program. However, it makes me nervous as I have had discussions with previous students who voiced concerns similar to the ones on the other thread. I am just wondering what your thought process is or if you have heard anything different.

22 hours ago, dzd935935 said:

My portal was updated today with access to the Accepted Checklist and Matriculation/Payment screen.

There's also a button to "Decline the offer of Acceptance and Withdraw My Application" so I'm assuming this means an acceptance!

Based on previous cycle threads it seems an acceptance email goes out later today or tomorrow

I got my acceptance email this morning! Congrats ❤️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexrennee said:

Has anyone received rejection from Midwestern AZ? I haven't heard anything and submitted 6/20. I know interview invites have been going out but I was wondering if maybe they just haven't sent rejections out?

All reactions:

I have only gotten a response that I was waitlisted for an interview. That was back in June. I haven’t been rejected yet or have heard anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted/Verified 5/9

Interview Invite 6/10

Virtual Interview 6/19

Accepted 6/29

So excited to have a spot. I got an interview at ATSU but it is inperson and I will be coming from out of state. I am wondering if any of you have insight on either program/how they differ/how they are similar and if I should even do the interview! tia

On 8/16/2023 at 3:37 PM, lexiejex said:

So excited to have a spot. I got an interview at ATSU but it is inperson and I will be coming from out of state. I am wondering if any of you have insight on either program/how they differ/how they are similar and if I should even do the interview! tia

CONGRATS on being accepted! Midwestern is a great school, I will say they are the most expensive program in Arizona so if that is something you're concerned about, I wouldn't write off ATSU. They are newer but they have a great reputation, they also focus on the underserved communities all over the country for clinicals whereas Midwestern wants their students to stay in AZ. They are both great programs just different approaches. 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:09 AM, FuturePAWolff said:

CONGRATS on being accepted! Midwestern is a great school, I will say they are the most expensive program in Arizona so if that is something you're concerned about, I wouldn't write off ATSU. They are newer but they have a great reputation, they also focus on the underserved communities all over the country for clinicals whereas Midwestern wants their students to stay in AZ. They are both great programs just different approaches. 

Yes thank you for this reply!! That is what I’ve been hearing, that is comes down to what type of rotations you want. It’s such a hard decision! I have lots of soul searching to do 😂

• Like 1

On 8/16/2023 at 3:37 PM, lexiejex said:

Submitted/Verified 5/9

Interview Invite 6/10

Virtual Interview 6/19

Accepted 6/29

I shadowed PAs that were both recent graduates of the midwestern program and ATSU program (also spoke to a few students that rotated through the hospital I worked at for their clinicals). 

They both spoke highly of their programs, but if I were to choose between the two, I would personally pick ATSU. I found more students were confident in their skills when they had to go through their clinical rotations and students spoke how they felt their didactic year of learning was very organized in terms of how the learning units were structured. I think ATSU is also located in a more prime and ideal location making their commute to clinical sites easier (this coming from an AZ native, I would much rather be located closer to ATSU in Mesa than Midwestern in Glendale). 

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2023 at 2:59 PM, aznatprepa said:

I shadowed PAs that were both recent graduates of the midwestern program and ATSU program (also spoke to a few students that rotated through the hospital I worked at for their clinicals). 

They both spoke highly of their programs, but if I were to choose between the two, I would personally pick ATSU. I found more students were confident in their skills when they had to go through their clinical rotations and students spoke how they felt their didactic year of learning was very organized in terms of how the learning units were structured. I think ATSU is also located in a more prime and ideal location making their commute to clinical sites easier (this coming from an AZ native, I would much rather be located closer to ATSU in Mesa than Midwestern in Glendale). 

thank you for this info!!! It's super helpful. I talked to a student at ATSU and also Midwestern, the ATSU student said that their rotations are in underserved towns all over the US so I may have to go somewhere far from AZ. The midwestern student said that also all rotations are in AZ unless you request to be out of state. This might impact my decision as well!!