Pre application hands on experience (does teaching science "Middle school" and being a pastor for 5 years count?

It is likely a school by school basis for this. CASPA has a very helpful experiences page to guide how we distinguish our experiences in CASPA. Here is the link: https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Filling_Out_Your_CASPA_Application/CASPA_Supporting_Information/2_Experiences

I would follow this as closely as possible so that none of your experience get miss counted or not at all. Your teaching experience would go under teaching experience and probably wont count toward any healthcare hours needed. 

These are definitely things that make you you, and are things to discuss in PS or interview. Good luck! 

And yeah this website is helpful but I feel like it was made in 2005, and hasn't updated lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator
On 5/24/2023 at 4:55 PM, UGoLong said:

Having been a teacher and a pastor could work to your advantage. Those experiences probably gave you the skill to rapidly build rapport with a stranger and explain complex situations, among other valuable skills.

Honestly, my fire/EMS chaplain background has a lot to do with why I succeed in my occupational niche of long-term injured worker care.

• Like 1