Berxi or CM&F?

Hello everyone. I am shopping around for an occurrence policy for myself and have quotes from both these companies. Berxi is significantly cheaper than CM&F. I wanted to know if anyone out there have experience with Berxi. I have heard great things about CM&F but wanted to see what PAs think about Berxi before purchasing it. Thank you.

54 minutes ago, ventana said:

CM&F is one of the most expensive. 

was with Brexti but now with Baxter. 
give this agency a call.   Ask for Gabrielle   

Baxter & Associates LLC /Baxter & Associates Insurance Services LLC

BaxterPro®

Q (800)641-8865

Thank I will contact them and find out. Can you please tell me your experience with berxi? How long did you have them and any pros and cons? Thank you so much for your help. 

7 hours ago, rev ronin said:

CM&F has an exclusive arrangement with AAPA so that ONLY CM&F can advertise PA malpractice insurance in JAAPA. It's undoubtedly legal, but tells me all I need to know about CM&F's approach to marketing.

Interesting point. My employer paid for me to have an occurrence policy with them so I never thought about it. When I started my own side gig, I did get a supplemental with them as they offered a discount for taking some malpractice CME and it wasn't too costly. 

What company do you use for your malpractice? 

• Administrator
On 5/9/2023 at 8:12 AM, SedRate said:

What company do you use for your malpractice? 

Right now? Mercer. They've been great so far.

However, trying to employ a part-time physician covered on a PA's malpractice insurance policy has been nothing but a HUUUUGE headache.

27 minutes ago, rev ronin said:

However, trying to employ a part-time physician covered on a PA's malpractice insurance policy has been nothing but a HUUUUGE headache.

I bet! Heads are probably rolling with the idea... Lol. Can you do an umbrella policy? 

4 hours ago, rev ronin said:

ah that is a no go....

Doc needs doc med mal, the only coverage you can get on yours is the Medical Director Coverage (at least in my state)

6 minutes ago, ventana said:

Doc needs doc med mal

That's what I thought too as my policies have specified coverage as a PA. So I would think it wouldn't cover another licensed individual. 

Wouldn't a practice umbrella policy cover all individuals? That's what hospitals and some practices use to cover all their providers rather than individual policies for each. Not sure how much those cost. 

• Administrator

Right, so my request is going to underwriting again... it may end up being a lot more. And yes, two named clinicians, where the primary holder is not a physician and the secondary a physician extender, would be an umbrella policy of some sort.  I could care less how many policies we have to get--I care about total cost and overall coverage.