SouthUniversity 2023-2024 cycle

On 6/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, PlumMochi21 said:

Tried reaching out to the program a few times, but no response yet. Does anyone know if there are accepted substitutes for biology I? My college did not offer a biology sequence, but instead, majors were required to enroll in 4 different courses: cell biology, biodiversity & evolution, genetics and ecology. TIA!

Not sure about that, I think you are fine though because I also had to email them and took them a long time to respond but they said my biodiversity classes count as biology 1 requirement.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, PlumMochi21 said:

Tried reaching out to the program a few times, but no response yet. Does anyone know if there are accepted substitutes for biology I? My college did not offer a biology sequence, but instead, majors were required to enroll in 4 different courses: cell biology, biodiversity & evolution, genetics and ecology. TIA!

If you have questions about course requirements or admissions, you can reach out to Katie Blizzard at kblizzard@southuniversity.edu or via phone at 813-393-3720!

On 6/22/2023 at 10:14 AM, RoadtoPASchool2001 said:

Cool. Are the clinical rotations in the area or far?

The rotations are in the area.  South University has affiliations with almost all major hospitals in the area as well as many private practices.  There are also rotations across the state as well as out of state for those students who would like to attend out of area opportunities, but that isn't a requirement and students who want to stay local can do that.

3 hours ago, Oquanch said:

Has anyone gotten results back?  I got flat out rejected. Shocked but lol I think they could tell I didn’t really like Tampa. 

I got flat out rejected today too. I was quite shocked too given my stats and thinking that the interview went well. I didn’t even make it back home yet because I had another interview…oh well, it was my first one 

Hello! I received an interview to this program and there were a few things I was wondering before my interview. 

1.) Are there interprofessional classes offered at South University Tampa? 

2.) Are there any volunteering opportunities that the program participates in like a free clinic, etc.? 

3.) Can you possibly talk a little bit about the Tampa area and what you have enjoyed about being in school there? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 8:08 PM, EKGPAPREP said:

Hello! I received an interview to this program and there were a few things I was wondering before my interview. 

1.) Are there interprofessional classes offered at South University Tampa? 

2.) Are there any volunteering opportunities that the program participates in like a free clinic, etc.? 

3.) Can you possibly talk a little bit about the Tampa area and what you have enjoyed about being in school there? 

Hello!  To answer a few questions,

1. The Tampa program provides introduction to interprofessional topics and participates in an interprofessional day on campus with the nursing, PTA, and OTA programs.  They also have an Applied Learning Course where students gain access to interdisciplinary activities, including working with a physical therapy office to understand the types of treatment offered for various conditions.

2. The program is very active in volunteering activities.  During the ALE course, students are active at Calvary Community Clinic, which provides free healthcare to uninsured and underinsured patients in the area.  They also participate in Project Link annually, providing free back to school physicals to local students who receive Medicaid or are uninsured.  Additionally, they provide physicals to the special olympics athletes through MedFest and are engaged with the community through various student-sponsored volunteer activities.

3. The Tampa area is continually growing and developing.  It has a very active food scene including venues such as midtown, armature works, sparkman wharf, and water street Tampa as well as outdoor activities such as riverwalk, al lopez park across the street from campus, kayaking, beaches, etc.  Tampa has a diverse community with many local businesses and provides something for everyone.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!

19 hours ago, lapa13 said:

Has anyone heard results back from their interview last week? And does anyone know how many interview sessions they have left or is 8/24 the last one? Getting super anxious! 

Hi I just heard back today and I interviewed on 8/15. I got waitlisted! Does anyone have a general idea of the likelihood of getting off the waitlist for South University at this point? Thank you!