Hi everyone - I'm a current student at MCPHS who was waitlisted and eventually accepted. Don't despair, there is usually a lot of movement off the waitlist, as students can only choose one school to attend. From my understanding behind the scenes, the waitlist is typically the size of the incoming class.  They will start offering off the WL beginning in 2 weeks usually, but from what I have spoken with classmates, most heard back after May and into the summer, so be prepared to accept the offer since they only give you 2 days to put down a deposit. You will receive a call from Christine, followed by an updated admissions portal. About 10% of our class came from the waitlist. 

For those who did get accepted, congrats! I L O V E this program so much. The professors are unbelievably intelligent, caring, and supportive. Lots of mentorship, research, and leadership opportunities. Next semester, I'll be taking my entire Gross Anatomy coursework at HMS because of the relationship MCP has with the medical school, which will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And, you're in the city of Boston which isn't the worsttt place to live (besides COL & winter weather). We were told day 1 that about 3000+ applicants applied (there are even less spots for external applicants that didn't attend MCPHS for undergrad). So feel proud!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dermMA88 said:

Has anyone just not heard anything at all? I’m expecting a rejection since I didn’t interview but I haven’t even gotten that and I know some people have. I hope I didn’t miss anything

The application cycle for MCPHS has come to a close for the class starting in September 2024. I’m sorry to tell you that if you didn’t have an interview then you will are no longer being considered. Don’t lose hope for other schools though, it only takes one yes!

On 12/7/2023 at 1:43 PM, klpa00 said:

The application cycle for MCPHS has come to a close for the class starting in September 2024. I’m sorry to tell you that if you didn’t have an interview then you will are no longer being considered. Don’t lose hope for other schools though, it only takes one yes!

On 12/7/2023 at 1:43 PM, klpa00 said:

not true why are you confident to say that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also do not know the answers or if/when there will be movement. It is unpredictable and varies every year. I still do not expect movement for a while. We contact individuals directly if accepted off the waitlist.

per Christine via email discussion regarding waitlist status

super bummed and trying not to get discouraged 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...