2023-2024 UNC Application Cycle

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, CotatoPA16 said:

Has anyone heard anything yet? The wait is killing me!

Nothing here, I really thought people would have started hearing back by now given how previous cycles have gone! Staying patient is easier said than done. Sending everyone good luck for this upcoming cycle opening soon!😊

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HM2PAS said:

Nothing here, I really thought people would have started hearing back by now given how previous cycles have gone! Staying patient is easier said than done. Sending everyone good luck for this upcoming cycle opening soon!😊

I must have spoke it into existence yesterday because I just received 2 interview invitations for next Friday!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, HM2PAS said:

How did everyones interviews go!? I really enjoyed mine and I hope you all did, too. So eager to hear back about the on-campus interviews 🤞

I also really enjoyed the interviews! They asked some great questions. All of my questions were answered as well. It was very comfortable and both faculty members were super personable. 

I’m very hopeful and look forward to hearing something hopefully soon! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I am applying for the 2025 cohort. I was wondering if someone could explain what it means to be a non-traditional student? (Based on the supplemental question on caspa pertaining to UNC's goal is to recruit non-traditional students, veterans, and NC residents..)

I received an invite for an on-campus interview on May 25th! Good luck to those that haven't heard and congrats to those that received an invite! For the folks that are interviewing, are you applying to schools in the cycle that opened April 27th? I am so torn! I have completed my application but that application fee has me second guessing. They say we should know if we are accepted in July, so we should have time to not apply but dang rolling admissions!!! UGHHH what to do....

@QueenMargoI received an invite as well and I’m looking forward to meeting you, and the rest of the applicants 🤗 I’m in the SAME boat. If it’s any help, UNC updated their FAQ section to say that we should be getting decisions in June, which is slightly better; previous cycles got decisions ~2 weeks after the on-campus interview. Still considering submitting CASPA to my top 5 sometime this week (depending on how much I have to spend on a plane ticket to NC 🥲) and holding off on paying supplementals until after UNCs decision.

• Like 1

@HM2PAS YAY congrats!! It is such an exciting yet nerve racking time! I didn't see that change so that is good to know. That makes me think I may hold off on submitting anything until I hear back. I was looking at applying to 5 schools as well but that is a hefty fee. Where are you flying from? I can imagine that's going to be quite the expense. Thankfully I live in Raleigh so I got very lucky with the travelling aspect! I cant wait to meet you 🙂

2 minutes ago, HM2PAS said:

@MSU2PAS Don’t give up hope, sending you positive vibes! 

That’s so sweet:) happy for the two of you who have gotten the interview invites tho! Just hoping I get one🤞 I would imagine they would have to tell us like today/through tomorrow bc the interview is in 2 weeks and I’d have to buy a plane ticket! Just getting anxious/discouraged:/