2023-2024 UNC Application Cycle

@MSU2PAS I have my fingers crossed from you! Last cycle applicants only had a weeks notice for the on campus interview! I wish we had more insight but it seems they're doing things differently this cycle, so who knows! I know how mentally draining this process can be so make sure you take care of yourself. Feel free to DM if you need anything🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, QueenMargo said:

@HM2PAS YAY congrats!! It is such an exciting yet nerve racking time! I didn't see that change so that is good to know. That makes me think I may hold off on submitting anything until I hear back. I was looking at applying to 5 schools as well but that is a hefty fee. Where are you flying from? I can imagine that's going to be quite the expense. Thankfully I live in Raleigh so I got very lucky with the travelling aspect! I cant wait to meet you 🙂

Hi, all! I’ve been invited to the on-campus interview as well! Very excited to meet everyone 🙂 

@PrePAPiper@HM2PAS@QueenMargo Hey y'all! I was fortunate enough to receive an invite for the on-campus interview as well. I really look forward to meeting you all! I know that we are all nervous but I think conversing here will help us be less nervous when we all meet. @QueenMargoI am local too, living in Raleigh. I'm so excited for this opportunity and will definitely be in you guys' corner too. Let's do this!

• Like 2

On 5/10/2023 at 4:53 PM, MSU2PAS said:

That’s so sweet:) happy for the two of you who have gotten the interview invites tho! Just hoping I get one🤞 I would imagine they would have to tell us like today/through tomorrow bc the interview is in 2 weeks and I’d have to buy a plane ticket! Just getting anxious/discouraged:/

My invite had an RSVP date of May 15th at 5pm! So they could offer you an interview after that date! Good luck:)

On 5/11/2023 at 11:21 AM, NonTradHopeful said:

@PrePAPiper@HM2PAS@QueenMargo Hey y'all! I was fortunate enough to receive an invite for the on-campus interview as well. I really look forward to meeting you all! I know that we are all nervous but I think conversing here will help us be less nervous when we all meet. @QueenMargoI am local too, living in Raleigh. I'm so excited for this opportunity and will definitely be in you guys' corner too. Let's do this!

YAYAY!!! Congrats everyone this is so so exciting:) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MSU2PAS said:

I’m wondering if they’re offering more after the first RSVP date if people decline or not? Or if they just did not send out all invites initially? Idk I could be wrong 😕

This is my first cycle applying to UNC so I can’t say for certain - but I do know this is the case for another school I’ve applied to! Apparently, it’s pretty common to send out more invites after the first RSVP date. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PrePAPiper said:

This is my first cycle applying to UNC so I can’t say for certain - but I do know this is the case for another school I’ve applied to! Apparently, it’s pretty common to send out more invites after the first RSVP date. 

Thanks for the reassurance 🙂

On 5/14/2023 at 4:20 PM, PrePAPiper said:

Did anyone receive any kind of communication after sending the interview response form? I know I sent it but since the deadline’s tomorrow I’m nervous! 🥲

Hey! I RSVPed the day after I received the invitation and just got an email from someone in the Student Services office asking if I will be attending. That is the only communication I have had since the invitation was sent out. Did you happen to get a similar email? It kinda freaked me out and made me think I never actually RSVPed. 

2 minutes ago, QueenMargo said:

Hey! I RSVPed the day after I received the invitation and just got an email from someone in the Student Services office asking if I will be attending. That is the only communication I have had since the invitation was sent out. Did you happen to get a similar email? It kinda freaked me out and made me think I never actually RSVPed. 

I just received a reply that said they are having trouble seeing the online responses so they are reaching out via email. Whew! I was nervous!

1 minute ago, HM2PAS said:

@QueenMargo did you send a response to the actual email? I submitted my RSVP and responded to to the invitation email and I didn’t get that email you described! 

I did not send them an additional email. Since they are following up to responses from the online RSVP, you probably will not receive an email! I could be wrong but it seems like they should be able to account for you based on you informing them through two diff methods. 

17 minutes ago, QueenMargo said:

Yes! I just got the email asking for my response - same issue, they were having trouble with the RSVP form! I’m so relieved they wrote back and confirmed 😅

9 minutes ago, PrePAPiper said:

Yes! I just got the email asking for my response - same issue, they were having trouble with the RSVP form! I’m so relieved they wrote back and confirmed 😅

Now time to panic about the interview! Have you spoke to them about the format? It said group interview but on the website it just says interview (but it said group interview a couple of months ago???) So I'm curious if there is anybody that knows what the deal is. 

On 5/16/2023 at 10:07 AM, QueenMargo said:

Now time to panic about the interview! Have you spoke to them about the format? It said group interview but on the website it just says interview (but it said group interview a couple of months ago???) So I'm curious if there is anybody that knows what the deal is. 

All I was told is that the "interview" part is relatively short. It won't stop me from being nervous but maybe that helps? No info on the actual format, though

Edited by PrePAPiper

Hi! I also got invited to interview on campus. I have a few questions! Is there only one day of in person interviews or do you guys think they have multiple days? Are you guys bringing a purse? Because UNC has 2 rounds of interviews (zoom and in person) do you think this in person interview will be less people since it’s already selected down? Super excited to meet you all!! 

21 hours ago, applicant99999 said:

Hi! I also got invited to interview on campus. I have a few questions! Is there only one day of in person interviews or do you guys think they have multiple days? Are you guys bringing a purse? Because UNC has 2 rounds of interviews (zoom and in person) do you think this in person interview will be less people since it’s already selected down? Super excited to meet you all!! 

Congrats! I am not sure how many days of interviews there will be, but it seems like just one. It'll most likely be a smaller group of people since this is the last step and they have already made some cuts! I am going to bring a little purse (like a shoulder bag) to carry a small notebook and what not! It'll be a black "leather" bag. I am having a hard time choosing what to wear though :// 

3 hours ago, QueenMargo said:

Congrats! I am not sure how many days of interviews there will be, but it seems like just one. It'll most likely be a smaller group of people since this is the last step and they have already made some cuts! I am going to bring a little purse (like a shoulder bag) to carry a small notebook and what not! It'll be a black "leather" bag. I am having a hard time choosing what to wear though :// 

Congrats to you as well! Thank you for your insight! I’m wearing a white top, blazer, and women’s slacks probably with a closed toe shoe. The fact that it’s the last cut makes it all the more nerve wracking but I’m excited! Best of luck to us all!

On 5/21/2023 at 8:38 AM, applicant99999 said:

Hi, congrats! To my knowledge there is only one day for the on-campus interview- at least that's what they've done for previous years. Someone asked the UNC staff during the PAEA virtual fair how many people are offered invites for the on campus portion, and they said they typically have about 50-60 in person and about 20 to attend virtually, so in total about 70-80 make it to this final step. About the purse, I'm actually running to Marshalls tonight to look for a small, black one! So excited to meet everyone 🙂

19 hours ago, HM2PAS said:

Hi, congrats! To my knowledge there is only one day for the on-campus interview- at least that's what they've done for previous years. Someone asked the UNC staff during the PAEA virtual fair how many people are offered invites for the on campus portion, and they said they typically have about 50-60 in person and about 20 to attend virtually, so in total about 70-80 make it to this final step. About the purse, I'm actually running to Marshalls tonight to look for a small, black one! So excited to meet everyone 🙂

Oh wow! I did not expect it to be so many people! I was thinking it would be closer to 30-40. That's so scary😶  Were you successful on your purse mission?

• 2 weeks later...

For all of those looking at this program… beware. I have some friends who are/were students there and they say the faculty turnover has been really bad. Some are on their 3rd faculty advisor! They can’t seem to keep their instructors or the staff. They have been looking for a new PD for a while now. Faculty don’t seem to know what’s all going on. They often give out conflicting information and don’t adhere to their policies. Additionally, the MD students come first in just about everything… rotations, resources, you name it. Also, if their mission is important to you, don’t buy the hype… they don’t actually believe or stand by it.