What else can I do to beef up my application?

Hello everyone,

I am planning to apply to PA schools this next cycle for a 2024 start. I have a bachelors in health sciences and am currently getting another bachelors degree to improve my GPA. I graduated my first degree with a 3.3 overall and 3.0 science GPA. I have roughly 4,000 HCE. I have 15 hours of shadowing and am currently trying to gain more. With my current bachelors, I have been getting A's and am hoping to improve my GPA even more. I struggled with my first degree due to undiagnosed ADHD and depression but have finally gotten that all figured out. I will do whatever it takes to get in but was just wondering if y'all have any advice or tips. 

Thanks

• Administrator

Overseas short term medical mission is better than research, IMHO, but attitudes towards research vary.

Shadow doctors so you can say why you want to be a PA instead of a physician.

Get your science GPA above your cumulative GPA if at all possible. Science GPA lower than cumulative is a red flag, unless they're both well over 3.5.

• Like 1