question for experienced interviewees or admissions

Hello!

I am preparing for interviews and making sure to know the ins and outs of the programs I am going to visit with history/mission statement/goals/Program Director/preceptors and more! (and of course why the schools are right for me) I was wondering how much I should know about the history of the school itself? Is it important to know about the president of the university/student life/etc.? I feel like some of these facts are more important for the undergraduate career since the PA curriculum is so involved and time-consuming.

Thanks,

Caitlin

You're much better off knowing the history and recent issues of the PA profession.

Agreed. Also, practice answering some "ethical" questions - ("If this person did this, what would you do?"). Really be able to verbalize WHY you want to be a PA, what makes you a stand out applicant, and never say physician's assistant. You'll be great :smile:

Agreed. Also, practice answering some "ethical" questions - ("If this person did this, what would you do?"). Really be able to verbalize WHY you want to be a PA, what makes you a stand out applicant, and never say physician's assistant. You'll be great :smile:

The title of physician's assistant is part of the history of the profession so I would suggest you don't avoid the term completely. Just use it correctly.

Archived