2012 Global Health Symposium

Physician Assistants for Global Health (PAGH) is holding a Global Health Symposium being in San Diego on October 12th and 13th. It is approved for 16 hours of Category 1 CME and will cover topics such as Dental Care and Skills for International Missions and Disaster Response and Management for the PA. For more information and to register go to: http://pasforglobalhealth.us/

We hope to see you there!

I'm contemplating going to this, but I'd need to price it out. I'm a new grad with a job starting in a little over a month, and I'm interested in getting into international health eventually. Anyone (probably a woman) looking to share a hotel room (I'm a 35 year old woman)? Anyone know if there are cheaper options to stay near this hotel?

I have some time (start my first job next month) and a little money I could put toward this. For those who have gone, do you think it would be worth the expense (the plane ticket is steep) for a first year grad who wants to eventually get into international medicine (realistically several years from now after I'm a more competent provider)? I'm hoping to learn a lot about possible international work (volunteer but also possibly paid or longer term), while also making connections with other PAs doing this work. Would I get this from this symposium? Will people do things in the evenings in addition to the lectures? (PS Already found a cheaper hotel nearby; the big expense is the plane ticket. The symposium is really reasonably priced considering it includes membership, too).

Looks good. How many attend alot of non PA's? What are some examples of this organizations work aside from conference?

I read all the PA journal/magazine and like to think I am somewhat in the international health loop ... I was not aware of this event .... especally since I think I would have submitted an abstract and/or like to have been involved in presentation selection especially around HIV medicine/prevention. I just recently spoke on HIV prevention in California and would have loved to be involved in a more PA event.

I look forward to next year ! Run it on the East Coast :) I volunteer Yales PA program to host (even though I have no affiliation with them currently hah).

Archived