worst eye fb ever

recently saw a guy with a 2mm metal sliver which entered his eye laterally while grinding. it was visible deep within the iris. large hyphema present. went to the o.r. with ophtho for removal.

very impressive and scary.

wear your eye protection folks.

yet another reason I don't use many power tools....

I once removed a bb from under an upper lid. was also a ricochet but apprently guy was far enough away that it tracked under lid instead of penetrating. lucky guy. he had a perfectly round corneal abrasion in the center of his eye as well. 10 feet closer and he probably would have lost his sight.

It wasn't my pt, but a friend of mine was bringing in a kid and asked me to meet them in the ambulance bay to help out with a "hysterical parent". Apparently these two brothers (4 and 6yo) had been playing a game that involved throwing sharpened pencils at each other. One of the pencils lodged in the 6yo's eye and, upon seeing his brother's distress, the 4yo tried to 'help' him by pulling the pencil out. The pencil came out, but a piece of the graphite stayed in the globe.

Fishhook in the eye. I didn't see the initial injury, but took care of the kid in follow up at my family practice clinic. The iris was penetrated and was quite mis-shapen.

Archived