South College- Asheville

10 hours ago, Prepa89 said:

Anyone else not hear anything yet? I went to visit the campus the week they got accreditation, and applied the first day they opened. Haven’t heard anything since and feeling super bummed 🫤 

I haven’t either, it sounds like they haven’t sent interviews out in 2 weeks. Is it possible they filled all their seats already? 

I received an email that they completed my application this morning at 9:00am and I got an interview invitation that evening at 3:00pm for December 12th. Not by any means an exceptional applicant --> cGPA:3.4x, sGPA:3.6x, 3500 hours PCE, 1,000hours HCE, 2500 hours volunteering, lots of leadership experience, focus on missions work after graduation. RAM experience. 302 GRE, 4.5 written. I live in Knoxville, so I'm excited to see what this school could offer. 

On 11/16/2022 at 10:42 AM, Prepa89 said:

Anyone else not hear anything yet? I went to visit the campus the week they got accreditation, and applied the first day they opened. Haven’t heard anything since and feeling super bummed 🫤 

I got the email that my application was complete 10/27 and also haven’t heard anything 😞

16 hours ago, Kywall14 said:

I got the email that my application was complete 10/27 and also haven’t heard anything 😞

I know the other south college campuses say their minimum gpa is a 2.75 but I was told by one that they look at anyone with a 3.5 and interview the top 40 every month. I have a bad feeling this school is doing the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, Prepa89 said:

I know the other south college campuses say their minimum gpa is a 2.75 but I was told by one that they look at anyone with a 3.5 and interview the top 40 every month. I have a bad feeling this school is doing the same thing. 

*they look at everyone with a 3.5 and above. So if you have anything below that pretty much don’t bother. That’s what I got told by the south college Knoxville program 

39 minutes ago, PrePAprincess said:

They look at below 3.5…don’t give up hope!

Idk if they are the same as Knoxville but I definitely get the vibe that they prefer at least a 3.3 and above with the higher the better. I was rejected by Knoxville and when I asked they said they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session. Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. 

31 minutes ago, Prepa89 said:

Idk if they are the same as Knoxville but I definitely get the vibe that they prefer at least a 3.3 and above with the higher the better. I was rejected by Knoxville and when I asked they said they look at 3.5 and above and interview the top 40 applicants each session. Idk why they list their minimum GPA as 2.75 if they won’t even look at anything below a 3.5. 

I can’t speak for the other locations, but Asheville is unique. The staff truly cares about the students and uses a holistic approach. Good luck to you!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Kywall14 said:

Do you know which gpa they look at? Like pre-req or cumulative?

When I met with their admissions rep, she said they look at everything. They do grade replacement for pre-reqs, but they look at your pre-req GPA, cGPA, and sGPA. She literally said to me “our minimum is a 2.75, but we are really looking for a 3.5 and above.” Because of that, I'm guessing they are like the other south college campuses- meaning they really want high GPAs. You may be considered if you have like a 3.3 or 3.4, but I get the feeling if you have anything less you go to the bottom of the list.

2 hours ago, Prepa89 said:

When I met with their admissions rep, she said they look at everything. They do grade replacement for pre-reqs, but they look at your pre-req GPA, cGPA, and sGPA. She literally said to me “our minimum is a 2.75, but we are really looking for a 3.5 and above.” Because of that, I'm guessing they are like the other south college campuses- meaning they really want high GPAs. You may be considered if you have like a 3.3 or 3.4, but I get the feeling if you have anything less you go to the bottom of the list.

Oof, I’m hoping that’s not the case but it would explain why I haven’t heard anything. Thanks for sharing! 

Guest FuPA2025
20 hours ago, Prepa89 said:

I think this is true because their website has  benchmarks for gpa, and most of the new programs don’t have benchmarks. So I don’t think it’s as holistic in the application review process because they have metrics to meet. Although, I think we should all stay hopeful that this program is genuine!

On 11/16/2022 at 10:50 PM, PAhopeful2025 said:

I haven’t either, it sounds like they haven’t sent interviews out in 2 weeks. Is it possible they filled all their seats already? 

Their Facebook group only has 50 people in it currently so I doubt the seats are filled yet. There is an interview date on 12/12 so there is still a chance!

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2022 at 3:14 PM, PrePANoodle said:

Hey, so I was accepted yesterday, and this is my overall review:

Off the bat, the staff was extremely passionate about what their mission was, they were extremely warm and welcoming and some even came in some costumes. That was a super green flag for me. The staff all had diverse specialties and worked really well together, you can tell they got along and that was another green flag. They were all involved in the interview process as they did deliberations that same day. Somebody else mentioned that they had really intentional questions and I second them, I was able to tell them a lot about myself in the group interview and i give them a million gold stars for that because my previous group interview experiences have not been like that. In terms of the building, it is a satellite campus so it is pretty small but they have a brand new lecture classroom and a brand new lab to practice in. In terms of the curriculum, they really emphasize small groups and lab work to make sure we understand the material. They have strategies set up in the case we need additional support and they are actually hiring a few more staff members over the course of this year to fully complete the staff. Total, i think the ratio will end up being 1:6? around there. They have some really interesting rotations lined up (or being currently lined up) and they placed a lot of emphasis in educating their class on current societal problems about race and implicit bias. I loved my interview and i got along really well with my interviewers and interviewees. It was an amazing personality fit for me. I plan on submitting my deposit this week. Highly encourage this program!

@PrePANoodleon the interview invitation email, they noted after introductions that there would be a "Expectations - Yours and Ours" along with group interviews. would you be able to explain a little of what the structure/questions were like? any info would be helpful! thank you and congratulations!!!!

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, mjeanPA said:

@PrePANoodleon the interview invitation email, they noted after introductions that there would be a "Expectations - Yours and Ours" along with group interviews. would you be able to explain a little of what the structure/questions were like? any info would be helpful! thank you and congratulations!!!!

I've also heard from other South College Campuses that they generally do a medical terminology quiz, did they do this as well?

• Upvote 1

On 11/23/2022 at 1:46 PM, KalebPA said:

Their Facebook group only has 50 people in it currently so I doubt the seats are filled yet. There is an interview date on 12/12 so there is still a chance!

Damn, anyone who got an interview for 12/12-when did you get the invite? I feel like if I were to get one I would’ve heard by now. I wonder if they’ll do another in December? Anyone who’s been accepted know what the start date is? I’m just so bummed I got great feedback when I visited and met with admissions but still have heard nothing. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Prepa89 said:

Damn, anyone who got an interview for 12/12-when did you get the invite? I feel like if I were to get one I would’ve heard by now. I wonder if they’ll do another in December? Anyone who’s been accepted know what the start date is? I’m just so bummed I got great feedback when I visited and met with admissions but still have heard nothing. 

The start date for the program is 1/11/23

On 11/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, mjeanPA said:

Thank you! They went over what their plans are for the academic year and how they’re staffing the classes etc. there was an open floor for us to ask questions so just prepare a few. You also have other chances to ask questions throughout the interview so you can ask as you feel inspired. 

On 11/28/2022 at 4:02 PM, KalebPA said:

I've also heard from other South College Campuses that they generally do a medical terminology quiz, did they do this as well?

No and honestly I haven’t looked at Med term in so long, I would’ve probably done horribly lol 

• Upvote 1