South College- Asheville

Be very careful with this program.  Last year they failed to earn accreditation after holding interviews, taking $1500 seat deposits, and indicating to us that the program was going to happen even until the very end when it should have been clear they weren't getting accredited.  Some of the accepted students turned down seats at other programs 😞

The lack of open and honest communication was very upsetting to a lot of us.  There's no way to know how the program would be run once if it ever materializes, but this is not a good start. 

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 5:47 PM, jgreer said:

Be very careful with this program.  Last year they failed to earn accreditation after holding interviews, taking $1500 seat deposits, and indicating to us that the program was going to happen even until the very end when it should have been clear they weren't getting accredited.  Some of the accepted students turned down seats at other programs 😞

The lack of open and honest communication was very upsetting to a lot of us.  There's no way to know how the program would be run once if it ever materializes, but this is not a good start. 

Thank you for this information!

3 hours ago, PrePAprincess said:

I applied the next day after receiving the email that they had received provisional accreditation...I am very exciting for what the school has to offer! Awaiting for the accreditation to be posted on ARC-PA website. Good luck to everyone!

I applied and I'm excited too! It's wild how short their interview period will be. I emailed ARC-PA and they did confirm the Accreditation status. (Just wanted to make sure before I paid to apply) Good luck! 🙂

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PrePAprincess said:

oh wow, that was fast! congrats!! When did you submit your app? Do you mind sharing your stats?

6 hours ago, Kywall14 said:

Congrats! Was it virtual?

The interview was in person. I submitted my application last year in the previous cycle, and they reached out to me this cycle to ask if I was still interested. So my case is a bit different. Almost everyone in the interview today was in the same boat, so it was SO nice to see so many people who didn’t get in to PA school last year get accepted this year!!! My stats weren’t super great. No shadowing, 30 volunteer hours, ~5k scribe hours, 3.6 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA! It’s all about dedication though 

2 minutes ago, agalbier said:

The interview was in person. I submitted my application last year in the previous cycle, and they reached out to me this cycle to ask if I was still interested. So my case is a bit different. Almost everyone in the interview today was in the same boat, so it was SO nice to see so many people who didn’t get in to PA school last year get accepted this year!!! My stats weren’t super great. No shadowing, 30 volunteer hours, ~5k scribe hours, 3.6 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA! It’s all about dedication though 

That's great they called back last year applicants..I didn't even think about that! I just applied last week-non trad. pre-PA student, so hopefully ill get to interview as well! Congrats again!

11 hours ago, Kywall14 said:

Did it seem like a good program? @agalbier

I got accepted as well! The faculty and staff were so welcoming and seems like it will be an amazing program. They seemed to truly care about their incoming students! I also liked that the interview process I was really able to show them who I was unlike some interviews I have had where they only looked at you as a number and asked very random questions. I know the other south colleges do very well so I have no doubt this program will as well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, excitedfuturepa said:

I got accepted as well! The faculty and staff were so welcoming and seems like it will be an amazing program. They seemed to truly care about their incoming students! I also liked that the interview process I was really able to show them who I was unlike some interviews I have had where they only looked at you as a number and asked very random questions. I know the other south colleges do very well so I have no doubt this program will as well!

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I’m going to submit an application! 🙂

7 hours ago, excitedfuturepa said:

Congratulations!! How many people were being interviewed?

On 10/24/2022 at 2:09 PM, Kywall14 said:

Does anyone know much about this program? The website makes the whole school look cheap and almost like a community college. I’m from out of state so I don’t know a lot about the schools on the East Coast

The campus looks super tiny, not super sure about the facilities but I’m going to interview next week. I was also kind of hesitant but I know they have other successful campuses, I’m planning on asking about this in person. I’m also coming in from out of state so I will keep y’all posted 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrePANoodle said:

The campus looks super tiny, not super sure about the facilities but I’m going to interview next week. I was also kind of hesitant but I know they have other successful campuses, I’m planning on asking about this in person. I’m also coming in from out of state so I will keep y’all posted 

Awesome, let me know what you think!

2 hours ago, PrePANoodle said:

I'm bit hesitant about the campus and newness too, the faculty seem super nice though. I'm out of state too, luckily there's a hotel right next to the campus!