South College- Asheville

12 hours ago, Gus444 said:

Does anyone know anything about the facilities? Do they have a cadaver lab? I looked on the website and couldn’t find much info! 

I attended an information session last night and it was helpful. No cadaver lab, but they do dissections of organs. They didn’t talk much about the lab/simulation facilities so I’m not sure about those 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kywall14 said:

I attended an information session last night and it was helpful. No cadaver lab, but they do dissections of organs. They didn’t talk much about the lab/simulation facilities so I’m not sure about those 

How did you feel about it overall? The program and the staff? 

Edited by PrePANoodle

1 hour ago, PrePANoodle said:

How did you feel about it overall? The program and the staff? 

The staff was really nice and helpful. They appeared very excited and confident in their program. My only hesitation is that it seems to be a small facility with a very large cohort. I was trying to listen while at work so I missed some details haha, but I sent an email asking about their facilities and student to professor ratio so I’ll let you know when I hear back! 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Kywall14 said:

The staff was really nice and helpful. They appeared very excited and confident in their program. My only hesitation is that it seems to be a small facility with a very large cohort. I was trying to listen while at work so I missed some details haha, but I sent an email asking about their facilities and student to professor ratio so I’ll let you know when I hear back! 

Hey! Any updates? 

2 hours ago, Kywall14 said:

What did you think @PrePANoodle?

Hey, so I was accepted yesterday, and this is my overall review:

Off the bat, the staff was extremely passionate about what their mission was, they were extremely warm and welcoming and some even came in some costumes. That was a super green flag for me. The staff all had diverse specialties and worked really well together, you can tell they got along and that was another green flag. They were all involved in the interview process as they did deliberations that same day. Somebody else mentioned that they had really intentional questions and I second them, I was able to tell them a lot about myself in the group interview and i give them a million gold stars for that because my previous group interview experiences have not been like that. In terms of the building, it is a satellite campus so it is pretty small but they have a brand new lecture classroom and a brand new lab to practice in. In terms of the curriculum, they really emphasize small groups and lab work to make sure we understand the material. They have strategies set up in the case we need additional support and they are actually hiring a few more staff members over the course of this year to fully complete the staff. Total, i think the ratio will end up being 1:6? around there. They have some really interesting rotations lined up (or being currently lined up) and they placed a lot of emphasis in educating their class on current societal problems about race and implicit bias. I loved my interview and i got along really well with my interviewers and interviewees. It was an amazing personality fit for me. I plan on submitting my deposit this week. Highly encourage this program!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, PrePANoodle said:

Off the bat, the staff was extremely passionate about what their mission was, they were extremely warm and welcoming and some even came in some costumes. That was a super green flag for me. The staff all had diverse specialties and worked really well together, you can tell they got along and that was another green flag. They were all involved in the interview process as they did deliberations that same day. Somebody else mentioned that they had really intentional questions and I second them, I was able to tell them a lot about myself in the group interview and i give them a million gold stars for that because my previous group interview experiences have not been like that. In terms of the building, it is a satellite campus so it is pretty small but they have a brand new lecture classroom and a brand new lab to practice in. In terms of the curriculum, they really emphasize small groups and lab work to make sure we understand the material. They have strategies set up in the case we need additional support and they are actually hiring a few more staff members over the course of this year to fully complete the staff. Total, i think the ratio will end up being 1:6? around there. They have some really interesting rotations lined up (or being currently lined up) and they placed a lot of emphasis in educating their class on current societal problems about race and implicit bias. I loved my interview and i got along really well with my interviewers and interviewees. It was an amazing personality fit for me. I plan on submitting my deposit this week. Highly encourage this program!

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing. I got confirmation all my materials were received last week so hopefully I get an interview invite!

On 11/1/2022 at 2:14 PM, PrePANoodle said:

Thanks for the detail review! Just got an interview invite! When did it conclude for the day? They mention around 3:30-3:45pm in the information session, but I want to make sure before making travel arrangements. 

19 minutes ago, PrePAprincess said:

Thanks for the detail review! Just got an interview invite! When did it conclude for the day? They mention around 3:30-3:45pm in the information session, but I want to make sure before making travel arrangements. 

I walked out of the building around 2:15 but I recommend planning for that time regardless. Just in case there’s more people in your interview. Good luck! 

Guest FuPA2025
10 hours ago, PrePAprincess said:

Do you mind sharing your stats? And did you get the invite yesterday? 

Guest FuPA2025
16 minutes ago, agalbier said:

Someone I know submitted their application on 10/24 after I urged them apply, and got an interview invite on 11/2! 

Oh wow! Such as fast turn around. I submitted my application, but I haven’t heard anything back. I’m wondering what stats they are looking for in students because I do meet all the requirements.