Does "BCP GPA" for CASPA include anatomy, physiology...mariculture?

I just realized that a PA program I'm interested in values the BCP (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) GPA. Is this calculated by CASPA?

Looking back through my transcripts at work some courses taken 20 years ago, and some recently taken, I see a wide variety of grades from A to F and a wide variety of classes including a biology class in mariculture, two in ecology, and of course anatomy, physiology and microbiology. I have used the search function and looked at the CASPA website but I'm still not sure if all of these will count.

My grades are upward trending but I'm going to be right on the border of a 3.0 "BCP" gpa. How can I find out exactly which of these courses will count? My anatomy course is from the Anatomy Department (the only course in the whole department) and the course number is ANAT 1 not Biology. ?

Thanks for any help! :)

Then according to the website, Anatomy, Physiology and Microbiology, the three major pre-requisite courses for all healthcare programs, are not included in this BCP gpa. That's bad for me.

Hi Lemon Bars! If I recall correctly, you are the one that labels classes biology, inorganic chemistry, etc. when you enter them into the CASPA application. Therefore, even though your anatomy course does not have the BIO prefix in the course name, since it was a biology course, you would label it as "Biology." Does that make sense? Have you entered any of your coursework into CASPA yet? You can also contact CASPA, just to make sure that you properly identify those classes.

Archived