Interview for the class starting in 2013

I received an interview for Sept 18th, the email said they only interview 5 applicants per session. I have been through only one other interview and am currently thinking of interview questions or getting them off the internet and answering them. I will be documenting different scenarios I have been in so I can use them as examples as well. It's best to have a few examples ready to go since you have to think on your feet.

I live in Marshville, which is right next door to Wingate. The closest airport is Charlotte-Douglas International. Wingate doesn't have very many hotels (if any at all). Your best bet would be to stay in Monroe (about 20 minutes from Wingate). The Hampton Inn is probably the nicest one and the Holiday Inn is fairly clean...at least it was several years ago. Hope that helps! :-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

patelp,

As I (admittedly snarkily) said upthread, Wingate is a Christian school, so go in just knowing that's one of their things. If you've done any mission work or the like, they'll love to hear about it, as that's something the program head does herself. When doing your group exercise (they sit you down with the other interviewees and give you an imaginary problem to solve together), make sure to talk to the group, not the interviewers. This is much easier said than done.

I'd also say that of all my interviews, Wingate was the only one that really bothered to go through my transcripts with a fine-tooth comb, so if you have any 'Cs' in your past or some other interruption to the traditional undergraduate trajectory, know that they'll probably ask you about them and have a good answer at the ready.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived