• 3 weeks later...

I've been seeing a lot of ya'll saying you haven't heard back from the October 17, 2022 interview. I'm in the same boat and I've been a little worried about it! I'm wondering if maybe that date had more students interviewing and that's why they might be taking longer for that date. Not really sure, but we'll keep waiting and hoping for the best. Wishing everyone good luck!!!

Edited by SarahprePA
  • Upvote 2

Hello again guys! 

Just here to spread a little bit of positivity: being on the waitlist means there is still a chance you can get a spot here! I personally know at least 2 people from my cohort who were accepted off the waitlist. One was accepted in Feb, and one was accepted on the last day of March. Soooo many people who have taken a seat at UTHSCSA get offers to other places and end up leaving; therefore, spots will be offered.

My advice is the following:
- If you've been accepted elsewhere, CONGRATS! Although UT Health SA produces amazing physician assistants, your goal should be to BECOME A PA. Understandably, there are many factors that influence your choices in school like your financial situation and family dynamics; however, if the main reason you haven't committed is due to idealizing this program- you should reconsider! I have friends in the UTMB program and the UTRGV program who are also really happy with their schools despite not being accepted here. In the end, we're going to become PAs and that's all that matters.

-If you're on the waitlist and haven't been accepted elsewhere, CONGRATS for completing this grueling process and still making it on the waitlist. Truly that says a lot about you and your application. While you wait for the school's final decision, I would be actively working on beefing up your application for next cycle. I would be saving money! Although you may feel disappointed, you could always better prepare yourself for next cycle. In hindsight, I think I would have taken an extra year to SAVE MONEY before actually getting into PA school. I went in thinking I was ready- but in reality, I was not. Taking an extra year to work in a healthcare position will NOT be a year waisted. I promise. During this time, go hang out with friends and family! 

-If you were rejected this cycle, take a deep breath. I have a friend who I've known for several years now. It took him 3 cycles and now we are here together at UTHSCSA. Even though he wasn't chosen for 3 cycles, I can't think of anyone else who I'd trust more as a PA. Don't stop believing you can do it. Get those patient care hours. Get those PA shadowing opportunities. Volunteer in ANYTHING. Practice interviewing skills. SAVE MONEY. Being rejected doesn't mean you're not right for this career. It means there are a TON of applicants and only so many can be offered a spot. You have a lot of time to improve your application for next cycle.

Anyways, good luck to all of you guys! Be proud of yourselves.

• Like 5

On 1/19/2023 at 12:04 PM, PACLoading said:

I got accepted to the Laredo Campus!! Has anyone received any information about a facebook page or a way to contact other students in the same cohort? Time is going to fly by and I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestion about the living situation there? or even potentially rooming together?

There's a GroupMe that was made! 

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! I was interviewed on October 17, 2022 and put on the waitlist on January 11, 2023 and just received an acceptance on March 27, 2023!! SO so so excited because this was my first choice!

I wanted to share this with all of you on the waitlist still waiting...don't panic, there's still hope!