• 2 weeks later...

Interview coming up. Nervous about the MMI Interview style... do they ask you follow up questions after you respond to the prompt? Do all 9 stations have questions or are there any "break" stations?

Also what else do they do besides the faculty/student meet and greet, lunch, and the interview? I got an email saying we will be there from 7 am to 4pm. 

Thank yall in advance. I'm having bad anxiety and want to calm my nerves.

@austinPA They have 4 interviews for SA location and 1 for Laredo, from what I understood. They've completed two and one is coming up. I'm guessing the last SA location interview will be held in Dec, unsure about the Laredo one??

@bigpoppaPA They will thoroughly explain the MMI when you first get there.  Besides the Q&A, lunch and interviews you will also have a tour. You won't be alone in having nerves.. but the current students will help you feel more at ease between rooms. They were very encouraging and sweet. Good luck and bring a wrist watch if you can. It'll help to have the time on you. 🍀 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Marli10 said:

@austinPA They have 4 interviews for SA location and 1 for Laredo, from what I understood. They've completed two and one is coming up. I'm guessing the last SA location interview will be held in Dec, unsure about the Laredo one??

@bigpoppaPA They will thoroughly explain the MMI when you first get there.  Besides the Q&A, lunch and interviews you will also have a tour. You won't be alone in having nerves.. but the current students will help you feel more at ease between rooms. They were very encouraging and sweet. Good luck and bring a wrist watch if you can. It'll help to have the time on you. 🍀 

Hi, where did you obtain this information from? I couldn't find it on their webiste

Hey guys! I know the holidays are coming around, and a lot of you are still waiting to hear back. If you were anything like me, I was constantly checking my phone and emails like a crazy person. I hope you all hear back soon! With that being said, keep in mind that A LOT of people don't hear back until after the holidays. Enjoy this time being with your family and friends as much as you can! You'll thank yourself for taking this time to decompress and relax before taking on the crushing task of PA school. 

Remember: no news is good news. Even waitlisted is still potentially good news! Many people turn down their spot for other programs. I know from my own experience that I had already paid my deposit for another program when I received the call from UTHSCSA. So, when I gave my spot up- someone who was on the waiting list got accepted the DAY AFTER (at another program). A friend of mine who interviewed in November was accepted in January. Another friend was accepted in March off of the waitlist. With that being said, don't give up hope until you get your response! (Hang in there!)

I wish you all the best of luck! ❤️ 

• Like 12

11 hours ago, KthePA2024 said:

Hey guys! I know the holidays are coming around, and a lot of you are still waiting to hear back. If you were anything like me, I was constantly checking my phone and emails like a crazy person. I hope you all hear back soon! With that being said, keep in mind that A LOT of people don't hear back until after the holidays. Enjoy this time being with your family and friends as much as you can! You'll thank yourself for taking this time to decompress and relax before taking on the crushing task of PA school. 

Remember: no news is good news. Even waitlisted is still potentially good news! Many people turn down their spot for other programs. I know from my own experience that I had already paid my deposit for another program when I received the call from UTHSCSA. So, when I gave my spot up- someone who was on the waiting list got accepted the DAY AFTER (at another program). A friend of mine who interviewed in November was accepted in January. Another friend was accepted in March off of the waitlist. With that being said, don't give up hope until you get your response! (Hang in there!)

I wish you all the best of luck! ❤️ 

Your words are truly the hope that keeps me going! Your kindness and encouragement are much appreciated. I wish you the best of luck as well with school! Happy Holidays!

• Like 2