22-23 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 8:54 PM, vwaltz said:

Hi everyone, I have an upcoming interview with University of Pittsburgh. For those who already interview, could you tell me how it was and any advice? I would greatly appreciate it. 

IMO the interview was exactly like the email they send telling you what to expect. My honest advice (although it seems cliche) is to BE YOURSELF - don't be who you think admission panels are looking to find. Obviously, you have to be professional but don't let that dull your shine. You'll do great - it was a friendly group of people who did all of the interviewing. Good luck! 🙂

On 8/18/2022 at 4:07 PM, kaitbass9 said:

I got an invite to interview but it's all the way in November. That's concerning to me. Are my chances slimmer since they started to interview and accept people already?

I think your chances are just as good - they wouldn't interview more people if they didn't have any open availability. With that said, everything I read online about interviews said that the number of open seats will be fewer in the later interviews but they still have open seats. I am only assuming it's the same here but if you do your best, that's all you can do. Good luck! 🙂

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ranashpa said:

IMO the interview was exactly like the email they send telling you what to expect. My honest advice (although it seems cliche) is to BE YOURSELF - don't be who you think admission panels are looking to find. Obviously, you have to be professional but don't let that dull your shine. You'll do great - it was a friendly group of people who did all of the interviewing. Good luck! 🙂

I think your chances are just as good - they wouldn't interview more people if they didn't have any open availability. With that said, everything I read online about interviews said that the number of open seats will be fewer in the later interviews but they still have open seats. I am only assuming it's the same here but if you do your best, that's all you can do. Good luck! 🙂

Thank you for the interview advice. It is really appreciated! 😊

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who has been accepted - I just wanted to make sure you had the link to our Facebook group and GroupMe chat. Feel free to join and good luck to those of you still waiting to hear or interview! Hope to meet you soon! 

https://web.groupme.com/join_group/89118765/5hpDEJ9j

https://www.facebook.com/groups/724666832130979/

*Disclaimer: the number of people in these groups does not reflect the number of people accepted. Some members are from the current didactic and clinical year classes. (Just in case anyone sneaks a peek trying to determine their chances. 😉 )