2022-2023 CMU APPLICATION CYCLE

On 11/1/2022 at 10:17 PM, sashapitcher41 said:

I hope we get one soon!! I would love to start meeting everyone! Also would love to see what everyone’s plans are for housing!

I emailed and asked about a FB group (along with the forms I was returning) and amanda said they do not have one yet. I was also there oct 28 in the afternoon! I really need to find housing as well and would love to start meeting classmates. Hopefully soon, I’m so ready to get started 😁

14 hours ago, Futurepami said:

I emailed and asked about a FB group (along with the forms I was returning) and amanda said they do not have one yet. I was also there oct 28 in the afternoon! I really need to find housing as well and would love to start meeting classmates. Hopefully soon, I’m so ready to get started 😁

Ahh I wish we had one haha I can’t wait to get to know everyone and I have some places I would love to live but would also like to see if people would like to live together haha

26 minutes ago, sashapitcher41 said:

Ahh I wish we had one haha I can’t wait to get to know everyone and I have some places I would love to live but would also like to see if people would like to live together haha

I know the students generally make the FB group. Im still waiting to hear back from the 10/28 interview . really hoping for some good news soon

49 minutes ago, pagoals3333 said:

Hi, Does the interview process take the whole 4 hours? How long is the essay? one on one? and group interviews?

hi! the interview did take the full 4 hours, but you weren't interviewing for the whole time. the group interview is about 15-20 min and there are two 1:1 interviews that are each 15 min. the essay was also very short, might've also been 15 but no longer than 30... I don't remember exactly. It was a pretty low-stress day. Good luck!

3 hours ago, Natalie0227 said:

hi! the interview did take the full 4 hours, but you weren't interviewing for the whole time. the group interview is about 15-20 min and there are two 1:1 interviews that are each 15 min. the essay was also very short, might've also been 15 but no longer than 30... I don't remember exactly. It was a pretty low-stress day. Good luck!

Were there any trick questions that threw you in for a loop? or was it pretty straight forward?

53 minutes ago, pagoals3333 said:

Were there any trick questions that threw you in for a loop? or was it pretty straight forward?

Without giving much away on it as it should be fair to everyone, it is all straightforward and be prepared for scenario based questions however the best thing you can do in any interview is rely on your experiences and be confident in yourself! Trust me they want to get to know you and what you have done! You’ve got this!!