2022-2023 Application Cycle

16 hours ago, ErSePA said:

Hi fellow pre-PAs!

I submitted CASPA 5/18, submitted NU secondary 6/6, and received a virtual interview invite 8/3. It seems like the NU interview cycle just began, so keep your head up if you are still waiting to hear back. Best of luck to everyone that will be interviewing!

Would you mind DMing me your stats? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, shyanimelover said:

Did anyone else receive a email decision from JMU but you didn't apply there but you see the NU supplemental form application when you click the link. I am confused. But I also see no update for NU regarding interviews. 

I believe that you are getting a notification of your denial from JMU's previous application cycle. I think JMU and Northwestern use the same secondary application service which is why you can see your status for both schools in the same portal. 

20 hours ago, CameronPrice said:

I believe that you are getting a notification of your denial from JMU's previous application cycle. I think JMU and Northwestern use the same secondary application service which is why you can see your status for both schools in the same portal. 

oh i see its weird because i dont remember applying this year to that school. wow a whole year later LOL

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Soontobepa11 said:

All these programs I’m still waiting to hear back from are giving my unnecessary anxiety. 

Oh my goodness, my sentiments exactly! Verified early July, heard 0 from all 6 programs where I've applied. This just means the likelihood of them reaching out to us becomes greater every day! Haha.

We got this!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, LeighM said:

I applied to 16 schools and have only heard back from two so far, so Im just trying to remind myself that the season is really just getting started. No news is better than news of a rejection, right!? 

Thank you for sharing cuz I’m in a similar boat waiting to hear back from like 8-9 schools so it’s comforting knowing I’m not the only one feeling ghosted 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Soontobepa11 said:

Thank you for sharing cuz I’m in a similar boat waiting to hear back from like 8-9 schools so it’s comforting knowing I’m not the only one feeling ghosted 

This is really nice to hear! I’m also waiting to hear back from 9 schools. I haven’t heard anything at all so far and I applied mid June.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Nessah said:

In case you weren’t aware, people apply to multiple schools in case they don’t get into their top choice… (deleted by mod)??? 

It’s so unnecessary for you to call me stupid or jealous. I’m not jealous.. from my interpretation of the RFU forum, he or she had gotten acceptance from their top choice and it was just a non-attacking question that I had. Your entitled to do whatever you want, it was more so a curiosity. I only said “petty” cuz I didn’t wanna come off that way.

Edited by ventana
insult removed, member banned as this was their only post

6 hours ago, Nessah said:

In case you weren’t aware, people apply to multiple schools in case they don’t get into their top choice… (deleted by mod)??? 

i didn’t see their question as jealousy or stupidity. I actually agree. If you got into your top choice, why still interview? A lot of people withdraw after getting in to open opportunities for others… especially if they got into their top choice.  If you look at the forum that individual posted their acceptance to RFU Last week of August and then got an invite to Northwestern first week of September…likely not having an interview with Northwestern until End of September on.. that’s well past 10 days to submit a security deposit to RFU. And it was stated that they committed to RFU… If that’s their top choice, most people would put their deposit down and withdraw. It’s a fair question if someone is curious. No need to be rude. Everyone just wants an opportunity to interview. Take a second to understand before you insult people, everyone on here is adult enough to show respect and have a conversation without being rude. 

Edited by ventana
insult removed, member banned as this was their only post
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Jrosebwin said:

i didn’t see their question as jealousy or stupidity. I actually agree. If you got into your top choice, why still interview? A lot of people withdraw after getting in to open opportunities for others… especially if they got into their top choice.  If you look at the forum that individual posted their acceptance to RFU Last week of August and then got an invite to Northwestern first week of September…likely not having an interview with Northwestern until End of September on.. that’s well past 10 days to submit a security deposit to RFU. And it was stated that they committed to RFU… If that’s their top choice, most people would put their deposit down and withdraw. It’s a fair question if someone is curious. No need to be rude. Everyone just wants an opportunity to interview. Take a second to understand before you insult people, everyone on here is adult enough to show respect and have a conversation without being rude. 

While I understand this sentiment, people often still interview after getting an acceptance to a school they like. Many students I spoke to during different interviews said that they had different top choices from the school they were currently at but liked the faculty more at the school they chose. They only were able to experience that during the interview process. I think it's fair to give yourself a chance to check out every school you get an interview with. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mitskistan69 said:

While I understand this sentiment, people often still interview after getting an acceptance to a school they like. Many students I spoke to during different interviews said that they had different top choices from the school they were currently at but liked the faculty more at the school they chose. They only were able to experience that during the interview process. I think it's fair to give yourself a chance to check out every school you get an interview with. 

Yes I completely understand that! I was agreeing that it’s a fair question and there was no need for the individual to insult another. It’s okay to ask a question. Your response that “they were only able to experience the faculty during the interview “ is an answer to why someone may continue to interview. Me personally would withdraw if I got into my top choice school and placed my deposit..like many would. But others like you stated give themselves more chances to check out other schools. Both are okay. I think the individual that asked “why” wasn’t trying to be petty they were curious. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1