2022-2023 Application Cycle

Hey everyone! For the supplemental application essays, how many characters did you guys do? I'm just wondering if I should write a short, straight to the point essay (kind of like the COVID essay) or if I should follow the personal statement style (a little longer)? Thanks in advance!

3 hours ago, melbms said:

Hey everyone! For the supplemental application essays, how many characters did you guys do? I'm just wondering if I should write a short, straight to the point essay (kind of like the COVID essay) or if I should follow the personal statement style (a little longer)? Thanks in advance!

My essays were less than 3,000 characters (the shortest 1,500). From what I've seen/heard, if you can get your point across in lesser characters rather than rambling that is the way to go.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chi99 said:

I submitted my application yesterday. Am I suppose to recieve a confirmation email?

I think you are supposed to. I got verified by CASPA yesterday and received confirmation emails from Midwestern and Rosalind. Still nothing from Northwestern though. When did you get verified?

58 minutes ago, FutRaenpa said:

I think you are supposed to. I got verified by CASPA yesterday and received confirmation emails from Midwestern and Rosalind. Still nothing from Northwestern though. When did you get verified?

I was verified yesterday. I applied to other places yesterday as well and recieved confirmation emails except Northwestern

2 hours ago, CreativePA123 said:

Did you both submit your supplemental application as well? I did not receive a complete email until after I submitted my secondary application and payed the fee.

I received the email yesterday thankfully. Verified on 6/1 and submitted my secondary on 5/31.

• 2 weeks later...

when is the best time to submit the supplemental? i got verified last week and am working on the supplementals, but don't want to rush anything and submit if i'm not confident in my essays. is it too late to submit at the end of june, if they won't review my app until i submit the supplementals? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Jrosebwin said:

Just got courtesy email about interviews ! 

3E2B094C-3A3C-4871-AC3B-D4B2D72A08F2.jpeg

Same, although I am disappointed the interviews will be on Zoom. I with there was an option for both Zoom and in-person for local people. I find it so much more difficult to display my personality over a camera.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, prepayjay said:

Same, although I am disappointed the interviews will be on Zoom. I with there was an option for both Zoom and in-person for local people. I find it so much more difficult to display my personality over a camera.

Same! And it’s more personable but either way I just want that invite haha. Best of luck to you !