2022-2023 Application Cycle!

On 11/22/2022 at 12:27 AM, FuturePA0324 said:

Congratulations!!!!! I was also accepted from my 11/03 interview. I am very excited and can't wait to start. Is there a GroupMe or Facebook page created already? 

Hi! i'm from the upperclass! The facebook page is made, just waiting for Renee to approve it and send over accepted students! Hopefully within a week! She should be emailing a link or the facebook group name. 

9 hours ago, PAC12 said:

I just got an interview! I was wondering if the interviews are all on zoom and what the format was like? Like how long was it/people you spoke to. 

Congratulations!!! All interviews are held on Zoom, yes. It's a panel interview, so there are about 3 faculty there who speak with you and ask you questions. It was very conversational and overall, a relaxing experience. They want to get to know you! My interview lasted about 30 minutes.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2022 at 9:25 PM, PAGIRL801 said:

@PREPAFL96Hello! I was just accepted into the program and I wondered if you could answer a question for me- I was wondering if you usually have to share a preceptor with students from other PA programs, MD students, DO students, etc.? Or if you are completely one on one with your preceptor?

There is a few preceptors were there will be other students there but they told us that they really make sure we still get the time to learn with patients. The only other program in the area is FGCU and they have a small class. I will know more in a few months! 

Anyone else concerned that this program does not have a cadaver lab? I have been accepted at South College - Knoxville, which does have a cadaver lab, as well as a 3D dissection software they use. South College has slightly higher PANCE pass rates than Nova Fort Myers, but they are basically the same. I really liked the professors at South, but I wasn't sure how much the students from the panel at Nova liked their professors. Nova’s attrition rate is 11% (academic is 5.6% which means the other 5.4% dropped out for some other reason than classes being hard). South’s (Knoxville campus) attrition rate has steadily been 1%.

HOWEVER, Nova in general is a more established program than South so it may be best to go with Nova. 

I do not mean to down-talk either school in any way! They are both amazing, and I'm so lucky to have been accepted at both. But if anyone has any insights on this or is in the same situation, please either reply or direct message me! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/13/2023 at 9:41 PM, PAC12 said:

For those who have interviewed, after your assigned time for the interview, is there any other sessions you have to attend? I know other Nova‘s have a 12-1pm info session but im not sure if this one did as well.

Yes, there is a 12PM session where you talk briefly with the program director, financial aid advisor, and current students in the program. 

On another note, curious as to if anybody from the 01/05 interview or 01/12 interviews heard from the committee yet? Thanks

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Motivatedjess said:

Hi everyone, when is the program start date ? Is it May or June, there seems to be 2 different dates on their web page. 

Also, what format was the interview and how was the overall interview experience if you all dont mind me asking. 

Orientation is May 15th. The interview was very casual and they just ask you about yourself and not really the formal interview questions. It’s a good experience and you can tell they have some good thought out questions from looking at your application. 

• Like 1