Chapman University: 2022-2023 Cycle

6 hours ago, ScrubsinSF said:

Congratulations to you too!!! So exciting for you both. Any advice you have as well? How was the setup as a two on one did they both ask you questions or a “good cop bad cop technique”?

Thank you! 

The two on one blind interview was conversational and the questions were aimed at getting to know me, not quiz me.

My advice would be to come prepared with what qualities/stories/experiences you want to showcase since it is only 30 minutes. I would also suggest attending the current student panel to hear about their experiences too if you have that chance. Be genuine, understand your own journey, and put your best foot forward.

Good luck on your interview on 7/11! I hope you do well!

Good luck to everyone else going through this experience too. It's nerve wracking but in a good way 🙂

Stats:

cGPA: 3.84

sGPA: 3.90

GRE: 323, 5 writing

PCE: 2100

HCE: 1000

Volunteer: 200

Shadowing: 0 in person, 50 virtual

3 hours ago, Woooo said:

Thank you! 

The two on one blind interview was conversational and the questions were aimed at getting to know me, not quiz me.

My advice would be to come prepared with what qualities/stories/experiences you want to showcase since it is only 30 minutes. I would also suggest attending the current student panel to hear about their experiences too if you have that chance. Be genuine, understand your own journey, and put your best foot forward.

Good luck on your interview on 7/11! I hope you do well!

Good luck to everyone else going through this experience too. It's nerve wracking but in a good way 🙂

Stats:

cGPA: 3.84

sGPA: 3.90

GRE: 323, 5 writing

PCE: 2100

HCE: 1000

Volunteer: 200

Shadowing: 0 in person, 50 virtual

Blind interview?! How did you realize it was a blind interview? Does this mean they know nothing about our application? 

28 minutes ago, nervouswreck said:

Blind interview?! How did you realize it was a blind interview? Does this mean they know nothing about our application? 

I knew it was a blind interview coming in, but the interviewers do give you a heads up before you begin. Basically they haven't read your application at all so it's a blank slate before you start. Don't be afraid to mention pivotal moments from your personal statement for example that you may want to highlight!

Edited by Woooo

12 hours ago, Woooo said:

I knew it was a blind interview coming in, but the interviewers do give you a heads up before you begin. Basically they haven't read your application at all so it's a blank slate before you start. Don't be afraid to mention pivotal moments from your personal statement for example that you may want to highlight!

Hello! Can I ask how you knew it was blind? From a current student or do they list that somewhere?

Also, congrats on your acceptance!

12 hours ago, 21prepa said:

Hello! Can I ask how you knew it was blind? From a current student or do they list that somewhere?

Also, congrats on your acceptance!

Thank you!

And gosh I wish I could say I remember but I don't. However, I do not believe they list it on their website.

1 hour ago, taylorrhaas said:

Hi everyone! I just got invited to interview and I’m so excited! Was everyone’s interview on zoom? If so,how long did it last?

Hey when did you submit your application and what are your stats, if you dont mind sharing? I applied June 22 and have not heard anything. 

23 hours ago, taylorrhaas said:

Hi everyone! I just got invited to interview and I’m so excited! Was everyone’s interview on zoom? If so,how long did it last?

Yes everyone’s interview is on zoom! It lasts ~30 mins. They were 10 mins late to my personal interview which was kind of a bummer. We went a bit over but I am a little disappointed it got off to this start 

2 hours ago, ScrubsinSF said:

Yes everyone’s interview is on zoom! It lasts ~30 mins. They were 10 mins late to my personal interview which was kind of a bummer. We went a bit over but I am a little disappointed it got off to this start 

Mine was also 20 minutes late which scared me because I thought they forgot about me haha but I'm sure it's hard with the sheer amount of interviews they have each interview day! 

On 7/11/2022 at 1:29 PM, WillBeaPA4 said:

Hey when did you submit your application and what are your stats, if you dont mind sharing? I applied June 22 and have not heard anything. 

I’m also waiting to hear back! I received an email stating they received my application on June 30th. Has anyone else received an interview invite? If so, when was your app received? ☺️

Guest thatsherannie

I got a confirmation email on June 22nd and I haven’t heard anything since…I have a feeling this means a rejection since I know people who have found out sooner. Has anyone been rejected since then? I would like to know sooner than later because the wait does kill lol

19 hours ago, mgilani said:

Mine was also 20 minutes late which scared me because I thought they forgot about me haha but I'm sure it's hard with the sheer amount of interviews they have each interview day! 

Ahh good haha I’m glad I wasn’t the only one 😅 wishing us the best of luck and manifesting a phone call for us soon!!!

• Like 1