Chapman University: 2022-2023 Cycle

2 hours ago, jp2022 said:

Did they happen to send you an email on the 22nd, thanking you for your application and that they'll be meeting over the course of the next months to make acceptance offers? 

Yes they did, looking at previous cycles I think that's a standard email they send out to everyone

2 hours ago, fingerscrossed909 said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing stats?

sure!

Overall gpa: 3.66

Science gpa: 3.79

Patient care hours: 2888

Volunteer hours: 392 since high school, an additional 720 before high school ended.

Shadowing: 120 hours (40 in derm, 40 in primary care, 40 with a MD in allergy medicine)

Research: 341

GRE: 160 verbal, 159 quantitative, 5.0 analytical writing.

Also, I am a Simon Scholar alumnus from my high school/undergrad. It's an amazing program.

On 6/9/2022 at 8:09 PM, mgilani said:

Pretty good! The student panel earlier in the day was super informative and the students were so sweet and made things feel so comfortable. The interviewers were welcoming and just asked questions to get to know me. Overall I think I could've done better due to nerves but not bad! Now to play the waiting game... 

I interviewed on 6/17 too and still haven’t heard a response back…. 😵💫😵💫 my stomach is full of nerves haha I keep rethinking abt the interview and wondering what I could’ve done better 

36 minutes ago, fingerscrossed909 said:

ACCEPTED!! I interviewed on 6/28 and just got the call!!! I’m so excited, this was my number one school!

Congratulations!!! I have my interview on 7/11 and its my first round/first interview. Any advice and did they ask any questions that caught you off guard or just basic get to know you questions? 

14 minutes ago, Woooo said:

I also interviewed on 6/28 and got the acceptance call today!! 

Congratulations to you too!!! So exciting for you both. Any advice you have as well? How was the setup as a two on one did they both ask you questions or a “good cop bad cop technique”?

Edited by ScrubsinSF

46 minutes ago, nervouswreck said:

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats and any interview advice? Chapman is also my top school!!! 

Sure!

Overall Gpa: 3.71

sgpa: 3.58

GRE: 312

PCE: 2700hrs

HCE:200hrs

Shadowing: 46hrs

Research: 700hrs

Teaching: 180hrs

And as for the interview, the interviewers were both very nice and really make you comfortable. There was no good cop/bad cop and no trick questions. I feel like if you’re personable and know how your experiences have lead you to where you are, you should be good!

22 hours ago, GPtheFuturePA said:

I interviewed on 6/17 too and still haven’t heard a response back…. 😵💫😵💫 my stomach is full of nerves haha I keep rethinking abt the interview and wondering what I could’ve done better 

I JUST GOT THE CALL TODAY!!! I'm accepted!!! I'm so beyond excited; this was in my top 3! I thought I had totally bombed the interview, but I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. I'm from PA so moving across the country is certainly going to be an adventure 🙂