FSU-UMHS : 2022-2023 PA Class

• 1 month later...

I have seen some action as of late!

Applied 05/31, verified 06/01, received confirmation today which says, 

"Your application has been approved for meeting minimum review requirements and has been moved to phase II of our process which is a full review and consideration for our interviews. "

Dope! Good luck to all applicants this cycle✌😁

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! 

My name is Sam, I graduated from Frostburg's PA program this past May, and I'm here to answer any questions you guys may have about the school! 

I can't comment on the didactic portion too much since a lot of what I went through wouldn't apply to you guys since I was almost entirely online except for labs, plus a few members of the faculty have changed since I was in my didactic phase, but I can comment on my experience at Frostburg/Hagerstown, Clinical education, PANCE preparedness (I passed on my first try!) ect. 

If you have any questions about the program, and you'd think I might be able to provide some insight, feel free to reply on this thread, or shoot me a PM!

Good luck everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:55 AM, scc27 said:

Hey everyone! 

My name is Sam, I graduated from Frostburg's PA program this past May, and I'm here to answer any questions you guys may have about the school! 

I can't comment on the didactic portion too much since a lot of what I went through wouldn't apply to you guys since I was almost entirely online except for labs, plus a few members of the faculty have changed since I was in my didactic phase, but I can comment on my experience at Frostburg/Hagerstown, Clinical education, PANCE preparedness (I passed on my first try!) ect. 

If you have any questions about the program, and you'd think I might be able to provide some insight, feel free to reply on this thread, or shoot me a PM!

Good luck everyone!

Just received an interview for August 8th! Super excited and nervous, I was interviewed last year and waitlisted. Hopefully better luck this year! Good luck to everyone!

Also, what are the clinical sites like? What hospitals, etc.? 

Good luck to everyone applying this year! My name is Stefanie and I'm currently a PA-S1 at Frostburg! Feel free to reach out and I'll try my best to answer any questions I have on my free time! 

Sam was a great help when I applied to Frostburg, so I just want to pass on the help as well! You guys are gonna do great and again good luck 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:02 AM, maestefanie22 said:

Good luck to everyone applying this year! My name is Stefanie and I'm currently a PA-S1 at Frostburg! Feel free to reach out and I'll try my best to answer any questions I have on my free time! 

Sam was a great help when I applied to Frostburg, so I just want to pass on the help as well! You guys are gonna do great and again good luck 🙂

Hi Stefanie! 
I was recently offered admissions to the program and I am going to accept the offer. Is there anything you recommend me to be doing now to get ready for the start of program? Thank you. 

32 minutes ago, cabt1971 said:

Hi Stefanie! 
I was recently offered admissions to the program and I am going to accept the offer. Is there anything you recommend me to be doing now to get ready for the start of program? Thank you. 

Congratulations on your acceptance!! Do you mind asking when your interview was? 

4 hours ago, cabt1971 said:

Hi Stefanie! 

Congrats on your acceptance! Biggest advice is honestly to relax and enjoy this time with your family, friends, and loved ones while you have the time! It doesn't hurt to also get some version of the Pance Prep Pearls to help you along your journey of PA school but don't stress out on studying prior to school!

Look into materials you may need that'll set you up for success in school by figuring out your personal study habits! (Anki, Quizlet, physical flashcards, white board writing, iPad writers, etc.) 

Also, once more people start getting accepted, it's great to connect with your prospective class prior to school so you all can bond and answer any questions that may pop up as yall go through the process of getting ready for school! (GroupMe or Facebook are great ways to connect) 

6 hours ago, maestefanie22 said:

Congrats on your acceptance! Biggest advice is honestly to relax and enjoy this time with your family, friends, and loved ones while you have the time! It doesn't hurt to also get some version of the Pance Prep Pearls to help you along your journey of PA school but don't stress out on studying prior to school!

Look into materials you may need that'll set you up for success in school by figuring out your personal study habits! (Anki, Quizlet, physical flashcards, white board writing, iPad writers, etc.) 

Also, once more people start getting accepted, it's great to connect with your prospective class prior to school so you all can bond and answer any questions that may pop up as yall go through the process of getting ready for school! (GroupMe or Facebook are great ways to connect) 

Thank you so much for the amazing advice! I definitely will be doing those things, I appreciate it. & Thank you, I’m very excited. I heard great things about the program. Would you mind if I private message you? 

2 hours ago, cabt1971 said:

Thank you so much for the amazing advice! I definitely will be doing those things, I appreciate it. & Thank you, I’m very excited. I heard great things about the program. Would you mind if I private message you? 

Yeah, feel free to! I’ll do my best to answer any questions I can when I have the time! 

• 2 weeks later...