Exam Master questions

I've been using the Exam Master question bank to study for PANCE and I really like it. The questions are challenging and all questions come with a detailed explanation of the right/wrong answers. I know some people have recommended the PANCE master question bank and that looks good, too.

• Administrator

If there's any fault with ExamMaster, I would say that the questions were on the whole substantially more detailed and time-consuming than real PANCE questions, and seemed to be a bit nit-picky. If you're looking for something harder-than-life to train with, it seems the best of the two I've used.

I'm taking the PANCE soon and I'm wondering how to gauge myself on these practice tests. what is a good percentage on a practice test to know if i have a good chance at passing the PANCE?

I just passed the PANCE, I was ranging from 60%-70% on Exam Master, my overall average for the mock PANCE using Exam Master was 64%, and my overall grade on the PANCE was decent too in all categories. Used the AAPA review book too, and of course four Packrat tests throughout clinical year through my school.

• Administrator
in my opinion, i wouldnt bother. my school got it so i had access to it for free, but hated it. i really like paeasy.com and have been using that. it is much more like the PANCE

The problem with PAEasy is that about 5% of their questions are wrong, and even if you notify them, they don't fix anything.

• Administrator
so which set of questions do you suggest? Thanks

Question for question, the PACKRATs were the best investment in time. Now having passed the PANCE, I regret not spending more time with them, and less with PA Easy and Exam Master. Fact is, they're more work, and aren't in a nice online instant-feedback format like the other two are... but they're much better questions.

I used the online questions from the Zarbock/O'Connell book for some subject review during didactic year, and I would go over those again rather than PA Easy or Exam Master. I'm sorry, but I know of no one tool that meets my standards of accuracy (eliminates PA Easy), applicability (Sorry, Exam Master), and great online tools... but while I loved the online tools, they're fundamentally just gimmicks. If you want an evaluation of your preparedness, buy the NCCPA practice exam. I found it at least as accurate a predictor as either PA Easy or Exam Master's tracking of my performance by area.

Oh, and relax. Study hard, don't freak out, get a good night's sleep, and take your exam on a MONDAY if you can manage it.

Question for question, the PACKRATs were the best investment in time. Now having passed the PANCE, I regret not spending more time with them, and less with PA Easy and Exam Master. Fact is, they're more work, and aren't in a nice online instant-feedback format like the other two are... but they're much better questions.

I used the online questions from the Zarbock/O'Connell book for some subject review during didactic year, and I would go over those again rather than PA Easy or Exam Master. I'm sorry, but I know of no one tool that meets my standards of accuracy (eliminates PA Easy), applicability (Sorry, Exam Master), and great online tools... but while I loved the online tools, they're fundamentally just gimmicks. If you want an evaluation of your preparedness, buy the NCCPA practice exam. I found it at least as accurate a predictor as either PA Easy or Exam Master's tracking of my performance by area.

Oh, and relax. Study hard, don't freak out, get a good night's sleep, and take your exam on a MONDAY if you can manage it.

I agree with this. I went through all the PAEasy questions. And I would get livid when they were wrong! A lot of times, the explanation contained the correct answer, but the key was wrong, making your score lower than what it really was.

I also agree about the Packrats. I wish I had spent more time on them. The only thing about the packrats is that the explanations weren't very detailed. With other resources, they went through each answer choice one by one, detailing why they were incorrect. A lot of the time, the packrat just said why the correct answer was correct. But they had the best written questions. I also used the Kaplan review book (checked it out from the library). I found that very helpful. It has 2 sets of 300 questions. The explanations were very helpful.

Archived