PA school class pre-requisite questions

Hi there!

as we all know there are a few prerequisites that must be satisfied before applying to PA school.

i have a question regarding the requirement for 1) micorbology and 2) physiology

does those classes have to be in MCB and only human physiology?

I am taking a public health microbiology and the physiology class includes both human and animal.

How specific are admission looking for those classes? Will those two fill the requirement?

Or will my only other option just be emailing the specific schools?

these are the course description if anyone is wondering

Public health microbiology: Introduction to properties of microorganisms; their relationships with humans in causing infectious diseases and in maintaining health.

Biological clocks: physiology and behavior: A consideration of the biological clocks that generate daily, lunar, seasonal and annual rhythms in various animals including people. Emphasis on neuroendocrine substrates, development and adaptive significance of estrous cycles, feeding rhythms, sleep-wakefulness cycles, reproductive and hibernation cycles, body weight and migratory cycles.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Please help me with this

Hi there!

as we all know there are a few prerequisites that must be satisfied before applying to PA school.

i have a question regarding the requirement for 1) micorbology and 2) physiology

does those classes have to be in MCB and only human physiology?

I am taking a public health microbiology and the physiology class includes both human and animal.

How specific are admission looking for those classes? Will those two fill the requirement?

Or will my only other option just be emailing the specific schools?

these are the course description if anyone is wondering

Public health microbiology: Introduction to properties of microorganisms; their relationships with humans in causing infectious diseases and in maintaining health.

Biological clocks: physiology and behavior: A consideration of the biological clocks that generate daily, lunar, seasonal and annual rhythms in various animals including people. Emphasis on neuroendocrine substrates, development and adaptive significance of estrous cycles, feeding rhythms, sleep-wakefulness cycles, reproductive and hibernation cycles, body weight and migratory cycles.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Please help me with this

Based on personal research, I'd say that neither class will fulfill the requirements. Most PA program websites state that classes must be the same classes taken by science majors and human-based. Your biological clocks course seems inappropriate as a substitute for human physiology. The public health microbiology sounds like an administrative or sociology course, rather than a science course. Sorry.

Archived