Application for 2022-2023 Cycle! (on campus)

• 2 months later...
18 minutes ago, flummoxedinflux said:

Also, YSM doesn’t seem to have a ton of information or online webinars. A lot of it is geared toward the online program. I read one mildly concerning blog from a past PA student. Anyone know anything about the program now or resources to look at independent of the school’s material on their website?

Would you mind sharing the blog post or what the student said?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I screwed up. I submitted the secondary first then the primary immediately after, because I've been working on my essays for a while now. I was delegating pre-reqs on the secondary and realized that I have TWO in process when there should only be one, according to Yale's prerequisites to admission. Yale was already a reach school due to GPA considerations, but I have a significant amount of research behind me so I thought I'd give it an honest shot. They won't even consider my app now, right?

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Phoenix22 said:

I am a first-year student in the program. I remember what it feels like to be in your shoes during this time period. I can definitely help with your questions, feel free to PM me. Good luck to everyone this cycle!

Please keep in mind that interview specific questions will probably be better to ask faculty about for a more definitive answer. I can tell you what I have heard and my own experience from the prior cycle. 

Please look through the program website for an answer (thoroughly) before messaging me about a question. 

Got interview offer yesterday. Selected Oct 4 interview date. 

cgpa 3.6

sgpa 3.7

GRE Q159 V163 writing 4.0

PCE ~2300 (MA/some non corpsman medical stuff in the military)

prior military combat arms

Also volunteered for a year on crisis text line 205 hours, 35 hours other community service, shadowing ~90 hours (45 hours PA/45 MD)

Edited by BKVET1991
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BKVET1991 said:

Got interview offer yesterday. Selected Oct 4 interview date. 

cgpa 3.6

sgpa 3.7

GRE Q159 V163 writing 4.0

PCE ~2300 (MA/some non corpsman medical stuff in the military)

prior military combat arms

Also volunteered for a year on crisis text line 205 hours, 35 hours other community service, shadowing ~90 hours (45 hours PA/45 MD)

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your application? Good luck 🙂

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NavyCorpsman said:

Hey all,  just curious if anyone heard back about their acceptance yet?  I interviewed on Tuesday the 13th and did my post interview on Thursday the 15th.  However, I have not heard anything back yet and I’m kind of getting nervous..

There’s a post interview? What does that entail exactly? Would like to know if I need to take more time off. My invite didn’t mention a post interview