Please share your thoughts on my chances

Hi folks. After many years I am finally in the position to apply to PA school. I have completed all but microbiology which I am signed up for this semester. I started doing my pre-reqs in 2004 but soon after became very sick with a chronic neurological condition. I wasn't diagnosed until 2008 and my grades suffered terribly during this time. After I got treated with 54 of these and two of these

I finally was able to go back to school. I retook some classes and took harder ones as well. Here are my science stats:

While Sick, before treatment

Biology 1 w/lab D

Biology 2 w/lab C

Chemistry 1 w/lab C

Chemistry 2 w/lab C

Organic Chemistry 1 w/lab C+

Organic Chemistry 2 w/lab C

Physics 1 w/lab C

After being treated

Biology 1 w/lab A

Biology 2 w/lab A-

Biochemistry 1 w/lab A-

Physics 2 w/lab B

Statistics A

Biological Psychology A

Drug Calculation A

Medical Terminology A

Anatomy & Physiology II w/lab A- (taking part I this semester)

Like I said I am also signed up for microbiology w/lab this semester, as well as A&P I w/lab. It is my sincere hope that the Admissions Committees see that my poor grades were due to an extremely painful neurological condition (and nearly every complication thereof) and can see my significant upswing. If it matters I am also a official tutor for all of the "after sick" classes at the same college where I took them. I have excellent LORs from my professors. I also am an EMT-Intermediate and have 10 years of patient care experience.

My non-science GPA is bordering on 4.0 and I am a member of the academic honor society.

What do you all think I should do? Should I retake even more classes? I was planning on taking micro and A&P I this semester and then studying for the GRE. I look forward to your thoughts.

I've included it in my PS and even had a professional editor (who I paid) help me put a positive spin on things. I know how it feels to be a patient who is tossed from doctor to doctor without any definitive diagnosis. I know how it feels to live in extreme pain every day, mostly in the form of a stabbing feeling in my eyes.

What do you all think about retaking more classes? Should I retake a chemistry class or two? I know I can do much, much better when I am not battling a 24/7 migraine-like headache.

Archived