Meharry Medical College PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

24 minutes ago, JayPhayPA said:

Why did some people receive the email with the option for virtual interview? I never received such email. My email said interviews were conducted in person and a sign up sheet. I'm not the only one right?

You are not the only one! A virtual option was never mentioned to me either. On this forum is the first I’ve heard about it. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JayPhayPA said:

Why did some people receive the email with the option for virtual interview? I never received such email. My email said interviews were conducted in person and a sign up sheet. I'm not the only one right?

24 minutes ago, Mydogiscute said:

You are not the only one! A virtual option was never mentioned to me either. On this forum is the first I’ve heard about it. 

okay, same here! If I didn't stumble across this forum I would have never known! And I am way more than 250 miles (more like 700!)But that's ok already booked my trip. Praying that everything goes well.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayPhayPA said:

okay, same here! If I didn't stumble across this forum I would have never known! And I am way more than 250 miles (more like 700!)But that's ok already booked my trip. Praying that everything goes well.

i’m also about 700miles away, coming from FL. But I’m here in Nashville and excited for tomorrow's interview. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TallPAJay said:

i’m also about 700miles away, coming from FL. But I’m here in Nashville and excited for tomorrow's interview. 

I’m 600 miles away in Dallas but my flights booked and I’m excited. I hope you enjoy Nashville. 

how was your interview? Was it a lot more relaxed than you imagined? I’m sure you rocked it. 

2 minutes ago, PAlovely said:

I’m 600 miles away in Dallas but my flights booked and I’m excited. I hope you enjoy Nashville. 

how was your interview? Was it a lot more relaxed than you imagined? I’m sure you rocked it. 

I couldn’t really experience Nashville much but I did a little vlogging, which I plan to post later. For the most part, I think I interviewed pretty well. The faculty were very welcoming and approachable. The interview was definitely relaxing; a family feel. It was nice to meet the other candidates as well. We also saw med students and dentistry students walking the halls so it’s an exciting that come January, new PA students will be walking the halls in their unique scrubs as well. Best of luck everyone! 😉

14 hours ago, PrePAdiddy20 said:

For the people that interviewed already, what were the females wearing? The dress code says business casual but I’m curious if people went more formal.. 

To clarify, business casual for guys is usually sans tie and the jacket is optional. Business professional is suit and tie. Majority of males were suit and tie. 

Females were pants, nice blouse, and suit or suit-esc jacket. Colors were professional mostly solid tones with some patterns with the females attire. 

Edited by OrcaPA
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, RedBlossom10 said:

Good luck everyone!! How was the interview set up for those who has went already? 

It's all very relaxed and the MMI are on par with CASPER so you could practice using CASPER material on Altus Suit. It would behoove you to read through the schools material such as their goals, some history, and their mission statement. Because they do want to know you've researched them and shown that interest, also it helps to talk about you would fit their program. 

Edited by OrcaPA
  • Like 3

Show up early, they start receiving prospective students at 0730. There is a Starbucks and small cafeteria open at that time which is colocated in the interview building. 

You don't need a computer or anything extra but a pen can be helpful. You'll get a folder with flyers in it which you can take notes on the back of. 

Remember, it's not about the correct answer but how you work in a group for group interviews. For MMI it's about your thought process and how you think through the topics. Think of personal stories to help demonstrate who you are while answering questions. Think of times when you showed your moral fortitude, demonstrated personal ethics, was a leader, went through difficulties that speak to your character in how you navigated those times, etc. 

These aren't the actual questions, you need to accept the uncertainty because telling you more than this is too much of an advantage over the other wonderful prospectives interviewing. So go in and try to be yourself/ not too anxious and accept that everyone is going through it together. 

Good luck. 

Edited by OrcaPA
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Ealdaz said:

Good luck to everyone interviewing! Had mine yesterday and agree with what everyone else has said. On a side note, I flew in from CA and also trying to enjoy Nashville while I’m here! If anyone would like to hang out before or after their interviews please feel free to reach out! 🙂

I am also here for the weekend. I interview tomorrow morning if anyone wants to do lunch after or something.

• Like 1