Meharry Medical College PA Program: Application Cycle 2022-2023

On 9/15/2022 at 11:01 AM, OrcaPA said:

Show up early, they start receiving prospective students at 0730. There is a Starbucks and small cafeteria open at that time which is colocated in the interview building. 

You don't need a computer or anything extra but a pen can be helpful. You'll get a folder with flyers in it which you can take notes on the back of. 

Remember, it's not about the correct answer but how you work in a group for group interviews. For MMI it's about your thought process and how you think through the topics. Think of personal stories to help demonstrate who you are while answering questions. Think of times when you showed your moral fortitude, demonstrated personal ethics, was a leader, went through difficulties that speak to your character in how you navigated those times, etc. 

These aren't the actual questions, you need to accept the uncertainty because telling you more than this is too much of an advantage over the other wonderful prospectives interviewing. So go in and try to be yourself/ not too anxious and accept that everyone is going through it together. 

Good luck. 

I’m normally not one to chime in on certain matters. However, part of this posting gave out more information than it simply needed to. I understand that you were not intentionally trying to give other applicants an edge over others but in more ways than less it might’ve. Applicants that interviewed prior to this posting did not know what to expect in regards to the question types, and while you didn’t word-for-word share the exact questions you hinted at what others should focus on (ie. Leadership was a question given,etc). Again I know it wasn’t intentional and I know you were trying to be helpful but other program postings don’t pinpoint  what other interviewees should focus on. We were all meant to experience the element of surprise. Good luck to everyone this week and remember we are all worthy 🙂

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, PAoverseas said:

I’m normally not one to chime in on certain matters. However, part of this posting gave out more information than it simply needed to. I understand that you were not intentionally trying to give other applicants an edge over others but in more ways than less it might’ve. Applicants that interviewed prior to this posting did not know what to expect in regards to the question types, and while you didn’t word-for-word share the exact questions you hinted at what others should focus on (ie. Leadership was a question given,etc). Again I know it wasn’t intentional and I know you were trying to be helpful but other program postings don’t pinpoint  what other interviewees should focus on. We were all meant to experience the element of surprise. Good luck to everyone this week and remember we are all worthy 🙂

Well, do you feel that your applications merits can be overcome by other candidates knowing there's a Starbucks in the building?

If you weren't trying to add discontent to the thread, you wouldn't of harped on an informational post. I sat next to an applicant who was literally shaking from nerves when he showed up on interview day. Nobody needs to be left in the dark on such basic things if it means they can avoid that reaction. I'm here to help people, the same reason I interviewed for PA school.

Don't forget, I am also an applicant and everything I disclosed was already available through other online resources. 

Try focusing on yourself and strengthening your applications merits and caring less about what others are doing/ set your ego aside. As if it's some offense or affront to you. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, OrcaPA said:

Well, do you feel that your applications merits can be overcome by other candidates knowing there's a Starbucks in the building?

If you weren't trying to add discontent to the thread, you wouldn't of harped on an informational post. I sat next to an applicant who was literally shaking from nerves when he showed up on interview day. Nobody needs to be left in the dark on such basic things if it means they can avoid that reaction. I'm here to help people, the same reason I interviewed for PA school.

Don't forget, I am also an applicant and everything I disclosed was already available through other online resources. 

Try focusing on yourself and strengthening your applications merits and caring less about what others are doing/ set your ego aside. As if it's some offense or affront to you. 

I think you did a good job keeping it broad, I legit had someone from this forum straight up ask me what questions were asked, now that’s crossing the line and making it unfair for the people who have interviewed. Good luck everyone.✨🎆

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, OrcaPA said:

Not to be rude, and I understand your intent was to be helpful, however you did give the exact themes that the questions asked about. Like almost verbatim. Now if the panel changed the questions, that’s one thing, but if they didn’t, it does feel as though you gave other participants an advantage that others didn’t have. And again, I know your intent was to be helpful but it could have been frustrating for others. In all honesty, when I read it I was upset myself but I knew at that point, there was nothing that I could change. So just be mindful, that’s all. ❤️

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PACOCO25 said:

Hey y’all . I’ve been accepted to the Meharry PA program . Please send me a personal message if you have been accepted and I’ll add you to the class GroupMe 

Hey! I’m new to this forum, I just stumbled upon it. I’m not sure how to send a personal message but I was accepted today as well! Would you be able to add me to the group me