28 minutes ago, wonderingaboutonline said:

perhaps it was just me, but I felt very discouraged by the interview at unt. it was one of my top choices but the interview felt so..impersonal? like there was no opportunity to show who I was. idk maybe it just is not the school for me but I wanted to see if anyone felt the same

That's kind of the premise of MMI. Your application and personal statement is your chance to let them know who you are. The interview is to gauge critical thinking and problem solving skills. 

41 minutes ago, wonderingaboutonline said:

perhaps it was just me, but I felt very discouraged by the interview at unt. it was one of my top choices but the interview felt so..impersonal? like there was no opportunity to show who I was. idk maybe it just is not the school for me but I wanted to see if anyone felt the same

I somewhat understand what you mean, but I was mainly hoping for more of a chance to gauge whether or not the faculty would be good instructors for me. I wasn’t able to tell their personalities at all, which I did feel like was disappointing. I feel like the MMI helped me really shine as an applicant because I am pretty decent at random scenarios, but it also lacked that personal touch to see whether or not the program was actually a good fit for me as a person. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wonderingaboutonline said:

Were the interviewers nice at least? I had an interview earlier this cycle with a different school and they made me feel weird at the interview, I’m sorry you felt this way. 

On 10/22/2022 at 12:02 PM, FuturePA1811 said:

I somewhat understand what you mean, but I was mainly hoping for more of a chance to gauge whether or not the faculty would be good instructors for me. I wasn’t able to tell their personalities at all, which I did feel like was disappointing. I feel like the MMI helped me really shine as an applicant because I am pretty decent at random scenarios, but it also lacked that personal touch to see whether or not the program was actually a good fit for me as a person. 

I share the same sentiment.  Another interview I had truly showed that I deserved an interview aka they were seemed interested in getting to know me.  This felt like they were still assessing me which I get but I feel like interviews should bring out the best in applicants rather than making them more nervous. I’m no interviewer though haha

• Upvote 1

this was my second MMI interview, and to me this one was better than the first one I had. Maybe cause this was in person instead of my last MMI, but I liked some of the questions cause I got to show aspects of myself that wasn't just "oh I volunteered and worked, and got good grades". I think that's what the interviewers are mainly looking for in these type of interviews. One faculty member told us we all are smart and have good grades and great experiences, so these interviews show them who we are as people, beyond our applications.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HtownPA said:

this was my second MMI interview, and to me this one was better than the first one I had. Maybe cause this was in person instead of my last MMI, but I liked some of the questions cause I got to show aspects of myself that wasn't just "oh I volunteered and worked, and got good grades". I think that's what the interviewers are mainly looking for in these type of interviews. One faculty member told us we all are smart and have good grades and great experiences, so these interviews show them who we are as people, beyond our applications.

where was the other MMI?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TMree said:

Congratulations! If you don’t mind me asking, when did you receive your invitation to interview? 

I got my interview invite on Monday afternoon. I have a friend who was invited today! probably earlier this morning, which is interesting because the interview is tomorrow. They do interviews until January so don't lose hope!

• Like 2