PANCE prep time

Hello all, I have ~4 months left of clinical year, I have just scored a 157 on my PACKRAT. I was hoping to get some reassurance on my scheduled PANCE Date and whether this community believes I’ll be adequately prepared for the PANCE. My final day of rotations 06/15, my scheduled PANCE Date is 07/11. I just rescheduled my date up from 07/25 because I want to travel with some friends during that time. Will that month or so be enough time for me to prepare? Thank you!

Edited by yarfeef

Like many situations, the answer is "depends."

Are you going to consistently sit at your desk for X hours per day after having recently graduated to study for the PANCE? YMMV, but many students are burned out at the time of graduation and don't want to further delay a certifying exam when they've essentially been studying for it during clinical rotations.

IMO, set up a study schedule during these last few months of school and schedule your PANCE for ~1 week after graduating. You're still within the mindset of having to study consistently, and it doesn't risk a temporary loss of knowledge with more prolonged testing dates.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

If you rock at standardized tests, you may be able to slack... but do you really want to bet your future on it?  The one guy in my class who failed wasn't one of the students who had academic challenges; he apparently developed motivational challenges of some sort, never heard the details, but he got us a 98% pass rate, vs. that program's first 100% in a long time--that glory went to the next year's class.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:28 PM, ANESMCR said:

I would not travel between the end of your program and your PANCE. Unless I read that incorrectly. You really should remain in PA school mode, hammer out a prep book, extra prep course for a few hundred bucks, and study. Vacation after.

Agreed! My current timeline is: End of Rotations on in June, study very rigorously for ~ 1 month (PANCE DATE 07/11), then vacation 2 weeks after the PANCE