Car options during PA school???

So I’m stuck on what to do about a car during PA school. My current lease ends in May 2022 and I start school in august. With all the expensive I have and getting an apartment I just don’t have the money to buy a car right now. So my options are limited.

As you know during school I will be living off my loans and will be using my loan to pay for a lease if I get another one.

Should I consider taking out more loans to just purchase a car? maybe a car that will hold its value and I can sell it after school and pay most of the loan back ? 

I’m open to all options, please help 🙏🏼

Whatever you do, do not lease a car during PA school (stands on roof top). I did this and it was a huge mistake. I had almost no money and this was the option that made sense. It was a huge mistake. The rotations you go on may end up being far from campus. I drove thousands of miles to rotations in my second year and the miles added up quick! Thankfully I was able to buy the car when I started working, but had I not, I would have paid a great deal in fees per mile (like in the thousands). 

Whatever you do, don't ignore this advice. Buy a cheap car for $1000 to $2000. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, trazodone said:

Whatever you do, do not lease a car during PA school (stands on roof top). I did this and it was a huge mistake. I had almost no money and this was the option that made sense. It was a huge mistake. The rotations you go on may end up being far from campus. I drove thousands of miles to rotations in my second year and the miles added up quick! Thankfully I was able to buy the car when I started working, but had I not, I would have paid a great deal in fees per mile (like in the thousands). 

Whatever you do, don't ignore this advice. Buy a cheap car for $1000 to $2000. 

Thanks for your response! How far were most of your rotations? And do you mind sharing what’s state you were in?